FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Commun_Al

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hope you are all well. Looking for a nice fish keeping forum I can dip in to.
I have been into planted aquarium and fish keeping since I was a kid, brought into the hobby by my dad.

I have since moved a lot and dipped in and out when I am in one place for long enough.
Which is actually the motivation to join here, now.

I have finally managed to get a house sorted, but until I can get settled in a start up my aquarium again. I am looking to re-house 4x Black Neons and 2x Amano Shrimp from a small 90L Nano. Save them the long journey seems best. Free to a good home would suit me better than money. I am based up by South end of Loch Lomond (annoyingly for most).
I realise this may not be the best area of the forum to say. But thought I'd mention, as it is my motivation as a new member. But I shall seek out a more relevant spot too.

I Look forward to chatting,

Al

Hi welcome to the forum check out the classified section to try and rehome your fish.

Look forward to seeing what you set up after your move

Wills

Hi welcome to the forum check out the classified section to try and rehome your fish.

Look forward to seeing what you set up after your move

Wills
Thanks Wills!

Thanks for the heads up, I have dropped a new thread in there.
Yes, I shall be sure to show off my new set up! Always exciting, even if a shame to have to down my current.

:hi:

I can't help with rehoming I'm afraid, being in the South of England would make it a long trip for a few neons and shrimp! :lol: But wanted to say welcome to the forum, and would love to hear more about what kind of set up you're planning to go for once you're moved and settled!

I hear Scotland has some of the best water for fishkeepers! Being in a hardwater area myself really limits my options, so I get a tad jealous sometimes when I hear about beautifully clear soft water on tap ;)

welcome to the forum! i would totally take the neons and shrimp, but i live way too far. ask your lfs if they will take them. my lfs takes fish for free.

Welcome to you.
I'm a wee bit closer, but my tank's a way off ready for accepting fish or shrimp at the mo'. Gotta say that I am rather fond of the black neon...a grossly under-appreciated fish.

Excuse the late reply folks.
I seemed to be getting alerts initially. So presumed when it went quiet my thread had too.
just came to check in. Been a busy be as moving to the other side of Europe. Yeah I expect one of our LFS will oblige.
just thought I’d offer up here first.
Such a lovely welcome guys. Appreciate it. 😊

:hi:

I can't help with rehoming I'm afraid, being in the South of England would make it a long trip for a few neons and shrimp! :lol: But wanted to say welcome to the forum, and would love to hear more about what kind of set up you're planning to go for once you're moved and settled!

I hear Scotland has some of the best water for fishkeepers! Being in a hardwater area myself really limits my options, so I get a tad jealous sometimes when I hear about beautifully clear soft water on tap ;)
Yes. I must say I haven’t researched where I’m headed. Bulgaria of all places for awhile. So I’m not sure if I’m headed for hard of soft. The water here is a delight. For fish, drinking, bathing and coffee/teas.
I’d actually miss it. 😂
Maybe this draws light to my clearly reasonable lot in life.

Welcome to you.
I'm a wee bit closer, but my tank's a way off ready for accepting fish or shrimp at the mo'. Gotta say that I am rather fond of the black neon...a grossly under-appreciated fish.
Out of curiosity - how long you think until you’d be ready? Is it a case of cycling or longer time to arrange the tank. I know I take awhile myself from glass on the table to fish in.
but I likely wouldn’t ‘need’ to be shot of them for a months maybe two, from even now.
A thought anyway…

Hey guys,

Hope you are all well. Looking for a nice fish keeping forum I can dip in to.
I have been into planted aquarium and fish keeping since I was a kid, brought into the hobby by my dad.

I have since moved a lot and dipped in and out when I am in one place for long enough.
Which is actually the motivation to join here, now.

I have finally managed to get a house sorted, but until I can get settled in a start up my aquarium again. I am looking to re-house 4x Black Neons and 2x Amano Shrimp from a small 90L Nano. Save them the long journey seems best. Free to a good home would suit me better than money. I am based up by South end of Loch Lomond (annoyingly for most).
I realise this may not be the best area of the forum to say. But thought I'd mention, as it is my motivation as a new member. But I shall seek out a more relevant spot too.

I Look forward to chatting,

Al
Welcome to the School!

Welcome to you.

Do you think you'll be able to adopt @Commun_Al 's fish and shrimp if the tank is ready then? It would be wonderful for them to be going to a new home where he can be sure they'll be well taken care of. I know some local stores will take in fish when someone has to tear down their tank, but that's increased stress for them since they have to adapt to the store, and with no idea who will buy them and whether they'll be well taken care of... I know I'd certainly prefer to give fish directly to a hobbyist I trust, knowing they'd be okay!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back