Old Betta Going Blind?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

vancouver

- l l a m a s -
Reaction score
I have a betta that's pushing 4 years.. His eyes have recently become quite cloudy, and I'm not sure he can see anymore..

The water stays clean, so I don't see it as some sort of illness-type thing..

Is this common with older bettas?

well we need to know what the size of aquarium he's in, filter yes or no, heater yes or no. we also need a pic of the betta

I'm simply asking if it's common or not...

I'm no newbie!!

lol squiremaster just wants to help, i think he is around 12 or 13.

it isnt that common but does happen. but glassy eyes and other symptoms, like not eating right or acting different, might be a dissease, but i would watch him, post a pic of his eyes, there is difference in glassy blind and glassy sick.

I know I'll just have to wait and see what happens.. Was just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience..

We'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow of the crew.. Camera be charging now.

Do you know I truly forget that a lot of you might be youngsters as you have such knowledge about fish, but dont squabble! :hyper:
One of my mollies gets cloudy eye which makes him look blind, I treat him it goes away and then returns but he is fine.. :good:

Do you know I truly forget that a lot of you might be youngsters as you have such knowledge about fish, but dont squabble! :hyper:
One of my mollies gets cloudy eye which makes him look blind, I treat him it goes away and then returns but he is fine.. :good:

Yeah. I don't know who are the young people.
PS: I turn 14 at the begining of May.

I would say that as he's knocking on for 4 yrs old its a natural deterioration rather like you see in other animals. He may even be a lot older than you think if he was bought from an LFS. There is a possibility is the on-set of cloudy eye which can be treated well with Myxacin.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back