I have now got in my 6' x 18 x 12

1 pleco
4 kuli loaches
4 albino tiger barbs
4 tiger barbs
4 black ruby barbs
4 rosy barbs
4 dwarf gurarmi

and the tank still looks empty has anyone got any surgestions on what else i could put in there to fill it up a little as all thses fish are sticking around the bottom of the tank so it looks really empty in the middle and top

any idead would be greatfully apretiated

:wub: Tara :wub:

hi there! i would say get a few more kuhli loaches i have 8 in my 42x15x12 and they still seem too few to me. so 4 in ur 6ft tank seems a little lost. some corydoras could do well, plenty of diff types to choose from. u have barbs and from my experience unless they in large group they will attck other fish, ( well my cherry's did)
maybe a couple of syno's could go in there also.

(these are only my thoughts( these are my views, not my recommendations), these are not to taken as gospel,without consulting with someone who can relate to certain fish ie a fish expert! and there are plenty in here if u ask ):rolleyes:

Hello Tara,

Big welcome to site, my only recommendation to you would be to get either 5/6 Clown loches these are great community fish and great fun to watch, and a bit of advice dont buy them too small get the larger ones these are usually alot stronger.

Hope this helps :D :D

Tara, talk to the cichlidmaster. He may be able to recomend a fish or two that will survive your barbs....

Tara,Tara,Tara...

You have broken my heart. How could you. :D :D :D :D

Oh well Just lost a new cichlid fan. J/K

Want a really impressive 6ft tank????? Get yourself about 100 neons, turn out all the lights, but your tank lights and watch the show.

Believe it or not I will have this exact set up one day. It would make for a fantastic display...all those shimmering lines of color going back and forth in a large group.

Well what do you think of my new suggestion?????

:D Go with CM, a mate had 150+ neons in his biggie, it's awesome :thumbs: Your lfs could probably do you a good deal on that amount of fish. B) Mac.

Larry

Sounds cool but there is one problem.

My lfs will only sell 5/6 fish at a time so i think it would take a long time to stock to those levels lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back