Ok... I Thought It Was White Spot, But I Think Im Wrong...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

scrappy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My Male Sajica is currently suffering with something i thought looked like Ich a few days ago, however ive been treating with protozin, but he isnt getting any better... Ive been keeping a close eye on the fish (hes alone in this tank away from other fish) but i believe he hasnt got White Spot, thing is i dont know what it is he has got and how to treat it. It seems to look like some white fungus type of thing as todays its started to flake away from his body... it looks a bit like cotton wool, ive attached a photo (its not the best but hes hiding away everytime i get out the camera)...

Can anyone help to identify it... I need to treat ASAP as im worried he will die otherwise :sad:

DISEASE.JPG

Also if you look at the top of the fish (just behind the head area) theres a brownish patch where the fungus stuff has peeled/dropped away.

So far the only symptoms is that hes rubbing himself against things a lot and it looks like his fins are starting to look ragged, hes been eating ok and does not look like hes lost any body weight (as far as i can tell), he also dont seem to be gasping or anything either...

Looks like velvet as it can look like that, is he flicking and rubbing against objects.

I thought that, however id have expected to see an improvement as protozin is also used for the treatment of velvet, hes on day 4 of a 1,2,3 & 6 treatment (as it did actually look like Ich to start with), im also treating my main community tank for Ich at the same time as ive had an outbreak in there too. (where his female partner is currently residing, after a breeding bust up over the loss of some fry)...

The fish is actually now swimming in the filter flow as its helping to blow the fungussy type stuff off him.

Velvet is hardy to shift, just have to stick in there, i think i would add half dose of a baceria med as well with having the finrot, as they can get bacterial infections on top of parasites.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back