FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Imcanadieneh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok so here are my results
Freshwater PH - 7.6
Freshwater High PH - 7.4
Ammonia - The tubes had no color, it said to wait 5 min after inverting a few times and it showed no color after 15 min
Nitrite - 2.0
Nitrate - 0

The test I used was the API master test kit. I'm not sure what happened with the ammonia. My water is kind of cloudy and this is why I wanted to make sure my fish aren't going to die. I plan on doing a small water change everyday until I can get the nitrite down. Is there anything else I could do. The fish I hve in there are 3 firemouth cichlids and a jack dempsey.

You should be doing multiple back to back water changes (an hour in between) to get that level below .25. Your fish can handle the stress, but they can't handle the nitrites.

Ok so here are my results
Freshwater PH - 7.6
Freshwater High PH - 7.4
Ammonia - The tubes had no color, it said to wait 5 min after inverting a few times and it showed no color after 15 min
Nitrite - 2.0
Nitrate - 0

The test I used was the API master test kit. I'm not sure what happened with the ammonia. My water is kind of cloudy and this is why I wanted to make sure my fish aren't going to die. I plan on doing a small water change everyday until I can get the nitrite down. Is there anything else I could do. The fish I hve in there are 3 firemouth cichlids and a jack dempsey.
did you use both ammonia bottles 1 and 2?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back