Ohhhh More fry ?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Well yesterday was the day i said goodbye to the last batch of fry & juveniles. Ive kept hold of a few to make my own strain if i can.
Ive got rid of near 300 youngsters in 4 weeks, Now the tanks are bare ?

A few ive kept hold of

Attachments

• 20210122_210427.jpg
    20210122_210427.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 93
I always had trouble growing males with tales as spectacular as the imported ones. Do you guys have the secret into how to do that.

The Moms of these lot are named as Cobra Guppies, The males i have are Leopard Tailed Mosiacs but as they were already pregnant from the fish store i have no clue what fathered them but whatever it was they are really great colours that we just dont see in our LFS

Attachments

• 20210109_212049.jpg
    20210109_212049.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 95
I always had trouble growing males with tales as spectacular as the imported ones. Do you guys have the secret into how to do that.
Depends on the strain and space.

For example King Cobra Guppies with full Triangular Veil tails. I could raise beautiful Veil tail Angels looked just like mum and dad. But when it came to guppies I always fell short.
Hmmm... in general, it shouldn't be a problem to let intentional large tails grow out as large tails. But again, space is also important. In a cropped tank, they can stunt.

Hes got a slight rainbow twinge that cant be seen in the photo.
A bit like the effect of oil mixed with water, Also the tank he is in is being treated for whitespot too so he could be stressed a little from High Temp, So not showing full colours.
The wife has the heating on right now so the tank is topping out at 30.7oC

I've been following along since I had some random guppy fry I bought off eBay I am trying to raise and I have never had guppies before.

Here are mine. You did say I needed a larger tank for them - which I do plan to get. But can you tell what type of guppies they may be? They're starting to get tails now. And they're as big as the Rasbora baby that's still there. I'm so excited to have them. Guppies are awesome!!

I had seen some adult male sunfire (or something) fully colored bright orange ones at Petco that were way smaller than these I have here that aren't totally colored yet. At $10 PER fish, I passed and went with these from eBay. Do guppies come in different sizes?

$10 a Fish ?
I cant really tell what sort they are until they are in full colours. Ive got a few 3 month old ones now that i am interesting in breeding just to see what colours they are.
I looked online & the site tells you what colour strains they may be.
I know mine were Cobra as i saw the parents but wasnt sure until i checked at LFS recently & i also checked online

Last edited:
Have you or can you sex them yet?
Chances are they are already pregnant, If the fry manage to live you will be overstocked badly.
Look for the Gravid Spots,Dark spot near anal area. Then they are females. Any with colours on the body are males

I am not adept enough to sex them yet. I figured I would have to put any extras into my 55 with some young acaras and a large blood parrot - where they will likely be eaten. Or go and give them to the local Petco to sell for $10 PER FISH.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back