Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

wuvmybetta

Caw!!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
And it's the least likely suspect -_-

I had an otto in my 42, I feel bad now because I took the little guy for granted and never even mentioned him in my signature. About a week ago I noticed his tail was terribly short, apparently chewed on. I blamed the fronts but never saw anybody attack him,he pretty much kept to his own.
I just peeked in the tank about an hour ago to see what everybody ws up to. I noticed him relaxing on a large plant leaf,then I noticed some food on another leaf so I swung the out take around to blow it off. I guess I disturbed the otto because he swam over to the side glass, I then noticed how terribly chewed & awful his tail was,it was gone,just a nub.. so I began to get the net to fish him out and move him to the 29. At that very moment one of my red tailed zebra loaches latched on to what was left of his tail and began chewing away, I thought "mmmm hmmm,now I know :sly: "....I couldn't get the net in fast enough to get him out, the loach yanked him to the ground and 3 others joined the festivities of attacking him mercilessly :sad: I know they have quite a little bite because they attack my arm everytime I gravel vac :crazy: . By the time I shoooed them all away with the net the poor little guy was dead :blink: ,it took less than a minute :S

So it's now official, red tailed zebra loaches are fin nippers!!! (and pretty evil :sly: )

poor little guy..... i had one otto who just diserpeared into thin water lol :lol: i reckon ALL THE FISH FEASTED ONE HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT :crazy:

awww, I imagine they did :sick: , I had an otto pull a disappearing act a few months ago :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back