Oh the Drama!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

I Like Rare Fish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
There has been some drama in the outside patio pond. It is 42 gallons, and has lots of algae, anacharis, and a couple flagfish and rosy barbs. While doing a water change I accidentally siphoned out a Dragon Fly nymph. I am raising it, and it has a couple fish to feed on. Then, I saw a couple fry. Then the couple of fry turned into atleast 30. I probably siphoned out and killed an equal amount on accident.

D1649901-53DB-4410-A399-B79E5217B5AD.jpeg
CB7A0BF9-B067-4F25-8ADE-019D5B46C08F.jpeg

After that, I siphoned out a couple fry on purpose, and I am keeping them in a separate 2.5 gallon tank with algae, anacharis, and gravel. I believe they are Jordanella fry, or Flagfish fry. Coincidentally, I found them on July 4th, and it just seems right that I found them on Independence/flag day :).

63313C18-BF83-442F-B050-996B78D796F6.jpeg

0A76C7A5-30C4-4D03-9311-D4294BE01893.jpeg

Then, I found another dragon fly nymph in the tank, which I couldn’t remove. So now I need to find it, and it camoflauges with the gravel.

Dragon flys are important to the ecosystem, and they as a whole are at risk of going extinct. I would rather supply a couple small fish and let a dragon fly nymph survive than kill him.

Dragon flys are important to the ecosystem, and they as a whole are at risk of going extinct. I would rather supply a couple small fish and let a dragon fly nymph survive than kill him.
Dragonflies have been around since the early Jurassic period, I doubt they'll become "extinct" any time soon...but you are correct, a very important part of the food chain, and ecosystem...the best part?....they eat mosquitos, among other things...

Dragonflies have been around since the early Jurassic period, I doubt they'll become "extinct" any time soon...but you are correct, a very important part of the food chain, and ecosystem...the best part?....they eat mosquitos, among other things...
Point being I would rather sacrifice a couple fish for a dragon fly.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back