Oh No!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Bellpepper

Reaction score
My poor Acorn! My beautiful little betta fish. I hadn't checked on him since yesterday. I went to take some pics of the betta's just now, and when I got to him, I couldn't find him anywhere in his container. I looked and looked. Finally I raised the container up, and found him flat on his side, pinned under a bunch of the heavy river rocks. But I saw his gills moving, so I knew he was still alive, and I about fainted.

I immediately went in and removed the river rocks and unpinned him. He darted to the top and sucked in a ton of air, and then started darting all around frantically. He's swimming sideways though. And now he's just kinda laying on the bottom. He is bruised purple all down his side.

He looks really bad off guys. I'm almost in tears, he looks so pitiful.

acorn-sick1.jpg

acorn-sick2.jpg

I'm immediately removing all the rocks from his container. No idea how he got down there and couldn't get out. He must've been searching for food or something. :(

Poor little guy!! :( Hope he recovers soon!

He's swimming sideways. :(

And he'll float to the bottom and then dart wildly around.

Could it be shock? I took out all the river rocks. I left one flat little piece of one rock to hold down a little plant for him. But all the other rocks were removed.

Could he have internal injuries?

He's probably shocked and stressed from not being able to get to the top for air. He may also be in a bit of pain from having those rocks lying on him. If I were you I would put him somewhere with low/no light, this helps to calm them down when they are super stressed. Make sure his water is nice and warm, and add a bit of aquarium salt. If he doesn't improve in a day or so or begins showing new symptoms please post immediatly.

Is he having trouble swimming? Having trouble controling where he goes? Floating to the top, or sinking to the bottom even though it seems like hes trying to so something else?

Oh no! Fingers crossed he makes a speedy recovery. He is probably still traumatised from being trapped and sore. Lights off etc round him to try and keep him calm might help. At least you found him quickly!

Edited to say this is actually cherrydanio, i'm on OHs laptop and forgot he was logged in...

Oh no! Man, you have had some awful luck lately with your little bettas :(
**HUGS** I hope he recovers!

Well he was a silly fighy... Now he has a nasty bruise down his side.

I bet you were so scared and glad you found him when you did. Iwouldnt know what I would do if I was in your boat.

Hope he makes a great and speeding break through,

All you can do is lights off and let him settle down a little. Keep a eye on him, and keep us up dated.

the lack of oxygen may have affected him a bit, hope its not a long term issue for him.

He is! :hyper:

He's got an appetite and has been eating. He's still not as spunky as he was, but he is swimming more than he has been, so that's a good sign. :good:

he;s probably sore :( how's the dark bruising spot looking? any better?
cheers for a speedy recovery!

im glad he is looking slightly better and is eating and swimming again. as you said, thats a good sign

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back