Oh My God!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Snailguy101

Moved On
Reaction score
Oh My God!! I was looking in my tank this morning and my fish were all swimming happily...Then I saw it....My pregnent fish gave birth a day ago I only found ! of the babies but I didn't look hard but anyways I saw my fish dead with her stomach torn wide open I feel so bad what happened....Note that I got her when she was pregnent Please tell me what heppened :-( :byebye:

Oh by the way...1 Male Dalmation Mollie 2 Other Female Platies This one thatdies is also a platie 2 Ramshorn Snails 2 Apple snails and 1 Mystery snail

:( The other fish prolly ate her....She might have died after giving birth from the stress or something...Are you going to save any fry? Or will it be Survivors only...?
I'm pretty sure though that she died, then the fish picked at her so it looks really bad Hope you find out... :byebye: :rip:

Yea It doesn't look pretty....Im saving all the fry I was gunna do survivors only but they are sooooo cute :)

Lol, I bet, I'm trying to convince my friend to give me her little baby, but he is just too cute lol, the only survivor and now hes living in a goldfish tank..not good:( ...Good luck with those fry.

Yea I have only found 2 now they look like little tad poles lol both the ones i've cought have swam up to the window and looked out my way they are so cute can't wait till they grow wait then will they grow?

Yeah, what I do is take a bit of fish food and put it in a plastic baggie and then rub the bag between my hands crushing up all of the flakes into smaller easier to eat mini flakes. Good luck with your fry. And I'm sorry for your female.

if you wanna keep the fry i suggest that you put all the babies in a breeder net temporalily then if you can get a 5gallon to put them in.Feed them on crushed flakes or fry food you can get from a shop.good luck

If her side was very bloody and her guts spewing out and she had only been dead a couple of hours, she gave birth through her side. I know its horrific but its happened to me before with a female guppy, female livebearers will often look like they are going to pop when they are at the end of their pregnancy and on very rare occasions they do. I know this isn't much consolation, but i feel your sadness as i have experienced the same thing before and there realy isn't a thing you can do about other than try to get females that are fully grown and mature and not pregnant or very little pregnant as they are more likely to have experience in giving birth to fry rather than ones that are only a couple of months old.

I feel horrible because the same thing happened to me. well sorta. i bought 4 platies and apparently one was pregnant and gave birth 2 days later, she didn't pop but she was too stresesed and died shortly afterward :byebye: I tried to save the babies but only 2 survived. (but i think they are a boyand a girl though!) i've heard that with platie fry boys stay pale until they mature ( i have one pale one)and females will be their adult color after a few days (in this case it was red platies) and one was a deep orange-red. anyways i know how you feel :( but you'll cheer up when your babies start growing. and i have been feeding the babies crushed flakes and now that they are a little older (they're 2 months) im gonna feed em live newely hatched brine shrimp. (i probably could have done this a little earlier)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back