Office Space

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hygrophila on its way back up, think I will let it go to the surface. Not added the frogbit yet but did replace one of the sponge filters with a surface skimmer to clear the last of the water sprite. Current thinking is I will move the internal filter to the other end so I can have frogbit all pushed to the left and hygrophila growing through the surface on the right. Although I am enjoying all the extra red in the ludwigia now that the shade has gone. Also quite impressed at how rich the red is turning on the alternanthera rosaefolia. Will put the lid back on after tonight's WC as with the cooler weather I am losing too much in evaporation.

20201107_190018.jpg

I really like alternanthera rosaefolia. Ive got it in my 22. Just added some to my 29 too. Mines got red and green tones but is mainly bright pink.

Really nice plant that brings nice colour

I really like alternanthera rosaefolia. Ive got it in my 22. Just added some to my 29 too. Mines got red and green tones but is mainly bright pink.

Really nice plant that brings nice colour
Never tried it before because I assumed it would be tricky. But I have had no joy with a carpet in that centre zone and it looks like they will do a good job. They seem to like this tank. I also have some in the Thai tank. Same batch but those are much greener with some pink, but the tank is a lot dimmer.

Uh oh.
Been watching 2 of the boy sparklers trying to build bubble nests in different parts of the tank all week. Frankly I was pretty unimpressed at their efforts and assumed they were still practicing.

Then today I did a water change and cleaned the surface skimmer. BGA seems to be gone but I thought I'd leave it running for a few more weeks. Well it was completely filled with what I can only describe as froth.

Errr sorry guys. I have taken it out now. You will also see that I have turned off the single sponge filter down the other end. I promise not to turn it back on any time soon so please feel free to use it for any purpose you see fit :fun:

Starting to look more like I envisaged when I first planted the alternanthera rosaefolia - although the heteranthera zosterifolia has exceeded my expectations as that was a bury a few stalks and see what happens experiment :whistle:

20210216_192746502_iOS.jpg

I do want to go back to the distinct terrace in the 2 right sections but I am going to wait for the back of the tank to grow higher. Trimming both plants results in faster growth so the font catches up with the back too quickly if I trim regularly - and I don't want to have to replant the a.rosaefolia too often. There is a thriving amazon sword behind the ludwigia. Think I'll move that to another tank soon as it is a bit of a waste being out of sight.

Starting to look more like I envisaged when I first planted the alternanthera rosaefolia - although the heteranthera zosterifolia has exceeded my expectations as that was a bury a few stalks and see what happens experiment :whistle:

View attachment 129245

I do want to go back to the distinct terrace in the 2 right sections but I am going to wait for the back of the tank to grow higher. Trimming both plants results in faster growth so the font catches up with the back too quickly if I trim regularly - and I don't want to have to replant the a.rosaefolia too often. There is a thriving amazon sword behind the ludwigia. Think I'll move that to another tank soon as it is a bit of a waste being out of sight.
Nice to see you online again.

Tank is looking amazing! :wub:

View attachment 129245

Do you use co2?

Do you use co2?
Nah - low light, low maintenance like all my tanks. Apart from regular weekly water changes it gets liquid ferts and fish food when I remember but nothing else.

Nah - low light, low maintenance like all my tanks. Apart from regular weekly water changes it gets liquid ferts and fish food when I remember but nothing else.

I might try some alternanthera rosaefoli. My tanks are super low maintenance now but i want some new plants. This tank you have is just gorgeous!

Looking really good! Could do with some low growing foreground in the front left :)

Its been a while but nothing much to report - this one just meanders along
PXL_20230209_214309390.jpg

Oh alright it had a bit (a big bit) of a trim a couple of weeks ago as the alternanthera rosaefolia and hygrophila polysperma exploded through the surface and the heteranthera zosterifolia had formed a canopy over the top. Interestingly I never touched the left side of the tank. To make up for all the extra light I added some salvinia. FWIW what you see is a single tub of tropica 1-2 grow added exactly one week ago. I have had similar success with the tub of frogbit I added to the big tank at the same time. Definitely worth paying the extra. I bought some frogbit on ebay for another tank about a month ago and that hasn't really done anything. Its still green and growing, but very slowly.

Since you last saw this one I have re-homed 3 of the sparklers. The fighting became constant and they were permanently without tails, despite plenty of hiding places. Then they started succeeding in killing each other - so I kept one and took the remaining 3 to the LFS.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back