Office Space

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
@seangee

Is that Unipac Kivu sand by any chance?

Both of my aquariums have Kivu (I have 10kg spare incase I get the urge and space for another aquarium). In the past I always went with the black sand or micro gravel, but with Kivu it gives a really nice balance of colours and the fish always seem to almost glow when close to it.

Your office aquarium is really pretty.......I don't know how you can get any work done though (I would be sat staring at the fish instead of working)

@seangee

Is that Unipac Kivu sand by any chance?

Both of my aquariums have Kivu (I have 10kg spare incase I get the urge and space for another aquarium). In the past I always went with the black sand or micro gravel, but with Kivu it gives a really nice balance of colours and the fish always seem to almost glow when close to it.

Your office aquarium is really pretty.......I don't know how you can get any work done though (I would be sat staring at the fish instead of working)
It is indeed - well spotted. The other 3 all have black Limpopo sand, for this one I wanted something completely different, so I went for substrate, fish and plants that I never had in any of the other tanks. Some of the plants have subsequently migrated to other tanks though :)
This was my early COVID lockdown tank, and yes I do spend a lot of time staring at it for inspiration. When I get bored with that I have a Flex 15 on the other side of the desk (on a stand rather than on it) with CPD and RCS :angel:

Just chugging along and all growing back nicely after the massive pruning a couple of months ago. Looks like I turned the lights up a bit high but since that's 2 months worth of algae on the glass I can live with it. I'll drop it by 10% next w/c and clean the glass
PXL_20230416_204833003.jpg

Still needs a clean before I fill it but here is a sneak preview.
View attachment 106408
Work day so the desk is in a typical state of disarray :rolleyes:
A couple things to be careful of.
Watch out don't water changes that close to electronic equipment.
Keep an eye on the desk. It might not be able to carry the weight of a full aquarium. And the inevitable spills from water changes could affect the material is made of.
One more thing, be careful on the course of a work day. Things we don't think twice about, like putting down a cup of coffee could stress the fish.

Wow...nice setup
It goes without saying that you should enter that in the Tank of the Month contest. Next contest for 17 to 30 gallon tanks is in July.

A couple things to be careful of.
Watch out don't water changes that close to electronic equipment.
Keep an eye on the desk. It might not be able to carry the weight of a full aquarium. And the inevitable spills from water changes could affect the material is made of.
One more thing, be careful on the course of a work day. Things we don't think twice about, like putting down a cup of coffee could stress the fish.
Now you tell me - after its been there for 3 years :cool:
:cool:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back