Offered Free Yellow Lab

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fiddlesticks

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I was offered a yellow lab by an aquaintance who no longer wants her fish. The only problem I have is that I cant put it with my Angels, which only leaves one tank. The shark tank. Normally I wouldnt put anything with those dumb ass sharks because of theyre spooky behaviour being a danger to a delicate fish. Cichlids on the other hand tend to be more hardy/tough so Im not too worried about the sharks hurting the lab. My question is would the lab be able to kill an id shark? The smallest shark is about 3inches long. I wouldnt say they are overly delicate fish because they havent killed themselves yet lol. I have had cichlids before but never labs so any other advise would be appreciated.

*Laffs hard* to the Dumb Ass shark comment. HAHAHAHAHA. Well I never thought I shark to be that dumb. Well I always wanted a yellow lab but dont have a big enough tank . :(

lol. Yep id sharks are dumb. I sort of inherited them, and of course I care for them the best I can but I would never buy one. They are not good aquarium fish. I call them dumb because if you spook them (this can be done by switching a light on or just walking up to the tank too fast) they swim around so frantically that you can hear them bouncing off the glass. I actually had one bonk the glass so hard he knocked himself unconcious and laid down on the bottom for a minute till he woke up, then he proceded to continue swimming round frantically again.

lol. Yep id sharks are dumb. I sort of inherited them, and of course I care for them the best I can but I would never buy one. They are not good aquarium fish. I call them dumb because if you spook them (this can be done by switching a light on or just walking up to the tank too fast) they swim around so frantically that you can hear them bouncing off the glass. I actually had one bonk the glass so hard he knocked himself unconcious and laid down on the bottom for a minute till he woke up, then he proceded to continue swimming round frantically again.

hahahahaha. Well that was a funny story to read. I should try that at the LFS muhahahaha. JK.

Your lab will be fine with your sharks providing the watr PH is above 7.5. Although they are still pretty territorial they are one of the more peaceful species of Mbuna.

dont quote me on this but i belive the id shark will outgrow the yellow lab pretty quickly they can get up to 3 feet long

dont quote me on this but i belive the id shark will outgrow the yellow lab pretty quickly they can get up to 3 feet long
actually they can grow to about twice that size, depending on species. not a good fish to have in an aquarium considering that to house them properly you'd need a tank at the very least 60 feet long and 24 feet wide and deep.

Yeah tell me about it. Im always trying to talk people out of buying them when I see them in stores. Definately not aquarium fish. I ended up taking them from someone who was getting rid of them. They can even be a danger to other fish if kept with anything thats fragile. Luckily cichlids are as tough as they come.

I just thought of something. Does anyone think the T.O. ZOO would take the sharks? There ok where they are for now but eventually they will be too big for the tank. I simply cant afford another tank at the moment. Especially one big enough to house fish like these.

I cant wait to go pick up my new little lab. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back