Odessa Barbs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chishnfips

WHAT! You went over my Helmet!
Reaction score
Hell folks,
I am considering taking some odessa barbs from a friend who doesn't want them.
I think there is about four.

They will be going into a 29 gallon tank which currently houses:

A Golden spotted pleco
8 silvertips
3 X-rays
2 red honey gouramis

I have tried to research them in google but there isn't that great a deal of info about them. I believe they are the calmest of the barb species and work well in a community tank.

But what do they like to eat, and what surroundings should I add for them?

I feed with daphnia and fish flakes at the moment and the daphnia gets changed to bloodworms every now and then. I also use those pleco pellets (which the gouramis like too). ;)

hi,i have 6 odessa barbs.they are lovely and fit in really well with a lot of fish.my tank temp is 80c and they are kept with all the fish in my signature.i feed all my fish on tetra prima and bloodworm.if you put a pink light in the front of your tank it will really bring out the colours of your fish.any more help needed,just ask. :nod: ps i have a lot of plants and 2 very big pieces of bogwood in the tank with a sand substrate.

Do you think four is ok for the group?

I also have had odessa barbs for a long time, I had group of four initally found they were a bit fin nippy added three more (one died on the way home) and now they are a wonderful friendly group of six. I personaly in my travels recomend a group of six or more as they are more active, and they love to school. My set up has is a mixture of rocks, fake plants, and sand. They are feed flake and tropical granules, I wouldn't say they are a calm fish but one of the more active playful fish of the tank. The more you have the less shy they are (my friend has a school of twelve and you wouldn't belive the difference). They are alot less fin nippy than tiger barbs and a wonderful community fish!

cool folks cheers for the info. :cool:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back