Oddities from the deep

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

pete

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Right how many of you either keep or would like information on oddball fish eg: Eels, Arrowanas etc

If you either keep or want information on these fish please leave a post and i'll do my best to help  :D

lol lol

No i havent and i dont know anyone who has but they are probablly the one kind of fish i dont own that i would really love to keep (aside from marines :p )

I will be in contact with my lfs tomorrow and see if he can get them.........thanks for jogging my memory m8 lol ;)

I have just taken delivery of my two new Catfish though so i'll keep everybody posted on thier progress over the coming months :D , they are a Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum (Tiger Shovelnose Catfish) and a Brachyplatystoma Juruense (False Tigrinus) as i cant afford a real Merodontotus tigrinus yet lol

These should really be discussed in the Catfish part of the forum but they are essentially Oddballs too as they are so hard to get hold of :cry:

I will also keep you all posted on any other new arrivals as i am always obtaining new stock :D

I could also do a feature for the newsletter on how to keep them if you like lol

I'll be in touch if I hit prob's with my Channa micropeltes

You lucky git youve got Channa micropeltes the Giant Snakehead !!!!!!! :0
You really feel on your feet there m8 ;)

I would love some of those lol

Keep me posted on their progress please as im on the phone to the lfs tomorrow to see about getting some for myself lol

lol. Now this is realy going to P**/ get you miffed. They were sold for £4.50 each £8.00 the pair. I'll get someone to go into the shop and see if they've got any left. After the fuss I kicked up for the woman that bought them they've probably got the right price on them now.

I would think the going price on those would be way more than that. At least here they would carry a tripple digit price tag. That's before you hit the decimal point. Rose

It's at least that but the shop that sold them didn't know what they were apart from the name. I think their suppliers an idiot, but I wish I knew who it was. A free arrowana every 20 posts.lol Unless they've an account and didn't ask what the price was. They were sold as snakeheads but the woman I rescued them from was given the complete opposite info. I've been doing a lot of reading about them. The price your thinking of add another hundred or so change the price from $ to £ and thats about the cheapest you'll get them for.

Well if that lfs still has some please contact me as i'll have em in a heart beat lol

You do know how big these get dont you? lmao

I don't doubt it at all. They pull in some mad money for petshops when they get them in. Rose

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back