Oddball 29g

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Brayfost

Reaction score
Hereā€™s my 29g oddball tank. Currently has 7 bb cats and 7 blind cave tetras and hoping to get maybe 4 stone cats soon. I just added the wood so itā€™s a bit stirred up but here you go.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Whatā€™s oddball about it?
I know a lot of people wouldnā€™t consider these fish oddball but I do. Bumblebee cats I think go into oddball category because of their small size but still predator behavior along with the unique coloration. Blind cave tetras I find oddball because theyā€™re cave fish and loss their sight and pigmentation. Also put it in oddball cause I couldnā€™t find a community tank area to post it on. As for the white sand, I personally really like it.

I know a lot of people wouldnā€™t consider these fish oddball but I do. Bumblebee cats I think go into oddball category because of their small size but still predator behavior along with the unique coloration. Blind cave tetras I find oddball because theyā€™re cave fish and loss their sight and pigmentation. Also put it in oddball cause I couldnā€™t find a community tank area to post it on. As for the white sand, I personally really like it.
I agree with you. Not too many people that I know keep either of these fish. Cave tetras are just straight up weird. Crazy that they are illegal here in my state.

I agree with you. Not too many people that I know keep either of these fish. Cave tetras are just straight up weird. Crazy that they are illegal here in my state.
Donā€™t understand why theyā€™d be illegal unless invasive or something. One very oddball fish I do own is a gymnallabes typus catfish that Iā€™ve had maybe a year now. But these two species i fins are oddball in many ways.

Stone cats are really fun. Definitely oddball; very different in looks and behavior from anything else I've ever kept. Just make sure they have really clean water. Not sure how they'll do with bumblebees, never having kept them. They are fairly inactive, relying most on camouflage for survival in the wild, but once in a while they'll get the urge to go exploring, and they sort of bumble around the tank. It can be a bit difficult to get them enough to eat, because they feed when they feel like it and not a moment before. I strongly suspect they are blind or nearly so. Really cool little guys. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back