Odd thing from one of my male betta

BettasRFriends

Moved On
Reaction score
Just wanted to share something odd I've found. Mayo made another bubblenest but this time it's different from all others I've seen from him. Here's the top view. The height of the 'nest' as BM calls it is just over 1 inch.
485bb4dd.jpg

What're YOU looking at?
Picture8.jpg

The brown thing is just the indian almond leaf water stain
Thanks for looking B)

Go Mayo! That's one THICK nest.

I had a big nest show up one day, too. About an inch tall, filling up more than a third of a ten gallon tank. The funny thing is...the female I was spawning that male with STILL wasn't happy with the nest. :)

I used to let Mayo flare at a female for a couple of days and he would build a bubblenest everytime. But odd thing is, there IS no female near him. Just me :blink: (I'm a guy btw :p ) Wow a third of a 10 gallon *WHISTLE*! Let's hope 2 months from now Mayo would still have his charm ;)

Is a storm blowing through California right now? He could be reacting to the weather. Their nests get pretty big when it's storming. There are nests everywhere I look right now, because it's storming HARD here, and has been for a while. Has all of my boys excited. Even my almost-9-week-old fry have a disproportionate amount of bubbles in their jars.

Well you got a point there. Before it rained, it looked just like any other regular bubblenest but last night and this morning it rained kinda hard. I also found the bubblnest this afternoon only so that may be the case.

BettasRFriends said:
But odd thing is, there IS no female near him. Just me :blink: (I'm a guy btw :p )
Maybe Mayo is questioning his sexuality? :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back