Odd cory behaviour

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

m4dcaps

Reaction score
i've had a 10 gallon planted tank set up for about months now. it currently holds x3 panda corys, x3 harlequin rasboras, and x4 cherry shrimp as a cleanup crew. ph is 7.5, temp is 80°F, never had any issues with ammonia or nitrates/nitrites and the like. corys have always been very active, eating well, foraging, etc. For the past four days, though, one of them - the smallest one - has kinda just been hanging around in the back of the tank behind the plants, not moving much or interacting with the other two. the other day i noticed he was breathing quite heavily as well, but that seems to have stopped, though he's still hiding out in the back and seems uninterested in the food i drop in (sinking shrimp pellets + bloodworms). only onw of them is behaving this way. thoughts?

FFS, stupid mods, you deleted the wrong thread.

you got rid of the thread with the answers and left the thread without the answers.

FFS, stupid mods, you deleted the wrong thread.

you got rid of the thread with the answers and left the thread without the answers.
Lol why you just call them stupid? And OP peppers need cooler water temperature, not warmer water. You need to turn the temperature down. You also need a bigger group, as 3 corydoras isn't enough.

Lol, Colin it's not really that big of a deal.

Anyway, I saw an almost Identical problem in another thread with a trio of Emerald cory.

I think that a group of three cories is not enough for them to form a proper school.
Often tetras bully the least dominant fish in groups less than five, maybe cories are more subtle in giving the least dominant fish the cold shoulder?

Lol, Colin it's not really that big of a deal.
Anyway, I saw an almost Identical problem in another thread with a trio of Emerald cory.

I think that a group of three cories is not enough for them to form a proper school.
Often tetras bully the least dominant fish in groups les than five, maybe cories are more subtle in giving the least dominant fish the cold shoulder?
All three of the species shouldn't be in a tank with 80 degrees. Please turn it down to 72-76. Corydoras NEED to be in bigger groups. Three simply isn't enough. They are a shoaling fish. Please read up on the species before adding any other fish.

Pandas especially need cool water, they are native to the mountains of Peru.

Just remembered a thread in another forum where someone accidentally killed thier whole school after turning the tank up to treat Ich.

They all died right at 82 degrees Fahrenheit.

Pandas especially need cool water, they are native to the mountains of Peru.

Just remembered a thread in another forum where someone accidentally killed thier whole school after turning the tank up to treat Ich.

They all died right at 82 degrees Fahrenheit.
Yes they are very sensitive to warmer water. There is a reason why they need cooler temps. First thing the OP could/should do is turn the temp down. Next add at least 2 more to the shoal. Your tank isn't big enough for 8-10. You could try but depending on the type of pepper it is, they could only be 2 inches or 5 inches each. Picture?

Most reactions

trending

Back