Odd Clown Host

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

13thmonkey

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have heared of clowns hosting in coral, but it seems more times than not the coral shares a simularity with the shape of an anemone (tentacles of some sort) my clowns ,two ocelaris, which i have owned for a year plus, have ignored my nem (nine months in my tank) and have decided that my open brain is the place to rub on. has any heard or seen of this?

yes, my LFS's open brain is hosting the maroon clown they have. Any thing is considered a home for a clown, they are like homeless people lol

flash

Is it correct to say 'The clowns are hosting in the coral' or 'The coral hosting the clown is......'

My clown is hosting in the sand on the floor of her little cave. She shows no interest in corals at all.

apparently clowns dont like you with in three feet of there home of choice. today when cleaning my tank i was trying to remove a unused peice of tubing from the tank when i thought i felt a low grade electrical shock. i jerked my hand of very fast to say the least. only so see the clown swiming in a great deal of aggitation in that very spot. little S.O.B. bit me twice. is it possible they could be protecting a nest, with the sudden choice of the brain coral for a home? neither of them have ever been aggressive (i know that really doesnt meen a thing) before.

Not possible, but likely. When they pick hosts, they defend them vehemently :good:

Well my clown is trying to make me into a liar. No sooner than I say she doesn't like corals.... She is now trying to host my new Heliofungia :blink: She also tryed to host on my baby dwarf lionfish :crazy: Silly girl :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back