Ocellaris Clownfish Not Eating

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Danno

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well I bought a Ocellaris Clownfish 3 days ago. I have been trying to get him to eat but he is a stubborn guy. I've tried 3 different flake foods. I'm cultivating from BBS at the moment. I'm going to see if he eats those. Has anyone had a similar problem?

ps. the tank parimeters are fine.

Ask the LFS what they were feeding them and start with that. Clowns can be picky at first, so this isnt entirely abnormal. When you do find something they like, treat it with garlic. Feed that for a week or two and then try feeding something else treated with garlic. They should take to the taste.

Mine wouldn't eat anything the first couple days, even what the lfs had been feeding them. A few days later they got more adjusted and started eating, now they eat anything that floats :rolleyes:

Update guys:

He is pooping white and stringy. Internal paracite i'm guessing :angry:

I'll google some more, but if anyone have any advise please say so. :unsure:

Your fish has internal parasities, prazipro/metro should fix the problem.

You can also soak food in a little prazi mixed with water. that will get into their system a whole lot quicker than treatin the tank.

Couldn't treating the whole tank kill the benefital bacteria and have a tank crash? That or kill inverts?

A hospital tank better?

Couldn't treating the whole tank kill the benefital bacteria and have a tank crash? That or kill inverts?

A hospital tank better?

Depends on the med... I dunno about the one he suggested though, never heard of it. In general its not a good idea to treat your display tank with broad-spectrum antibiotics (espeially gram-positive ones), and using copper on a tank will poison it to inverts.

Not recommended for reef aquariums with Feather Duster Worms or other ornamental worms.

Oh, so its similar to a flatworm exit?

ist dein aquarien vertraut für der fische?
aber ich denke vieleicht es ist denn sie sind neue.
glaublich sie können essen wann du bist geschlaffen.
wenn nicht, keine ahnung :)
ich hoffe es ist hilfsbereit.

i think that translates to:

"Is the aquarium ready/trusted for fish?
I think they are too new. Its possible that they could eat when you are asleep.
if not, then i have no idea. hope this is helpful."

lol puttin it in that language wasint helpful :rolleyes:
Personally in my opinion, I dont think it is a parasite. My pygmy angel is always pooping out stringy things but its actually only "poop". Its not white or anything it has more of a brownish color to it. Maybe its not what you think it is, and the white color you say it is can maybe mean hes not eating and is hungry. just my opinion, wanted you to know that before you dose your tank with medication.

flash

I lost the little bugger last night. :sad:

I'm deffinatly getting a UV sterilizer now........... :grr:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back