Occupation

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I tutor college students and substitute in a Rabbinical College in Jerusalem.
I also work as a calligrapher, and as a Sofer Stam (scribe), writing Torah Scrolls and preparing other religious articles for synagogues and the like.
Cool, what do you write with?

Cool, what do you write with?
I use traditionally prepared black iron-gall ink (made from a mixture of gallnut tannins and ferrous oxide and thickened with gum arabic, and occasionally mixed with "lamp-black" (oil soot) to deepen the color). I write using a turkey-feather quill on specially prepared calf-skin parchment.

I use traditionally prepared black iron-gall ink (made from a mixture of gallnut tannins and ferrous oxide and thickened with gum arabic, and occasionally mixed with "lamp-black" (oil soot) to deepen the color). I write using a turkey-feather quill on specially prepared calf-skin parchment.
I've read about iron-gall but have never used it as I've heard that it is corrosive in fountain pens. I enjoy fountain pens, along with cast-iron cookware, and tube (or valve) electronics :)

I tutor college students and substitute in a Rabbinical College in Jerusalem.
I also work as a calligrapher, and as a Sofer Stam (scribe), writing Torah Scrolls and preparing other religious articles for synagogues and the like.
Oh how very wonderful ! You actually write Torah scrolls ! You must certainly also be one who is authorized to write the Mezuzah . Hebrew is such a beautiful language to look at. I have a JPS Hebrew English Tanakh and it is so wonderful to read Torah and look across the page and see those Hebrew letters just as if Mosheh himself had written them. This made my whole day reading your post.

You must certainly also be one who is authorized to write the Mezuzah
Yes, I do write Mezuzot (the plural of Mezuzah). Writing a Mezuza is much quicker than writing a full Torah scroll (it's about 1/485th of the text), but it's actually much more difficult than writing a complete scroll, since the letters are far smaller, among other reasons.

Yes, I do write Mezuzot (the plural of Mezuzah). Writing a Mezuza is much quicker than writing a full Torah scroll (it's about 1/485th of the text), but it's actually much more difficult than writing a complete scroll, since the letters are far smaller, among other reasons.
That is so amazing!

what's an art therapist?
I will basically be a therapist who has the training to use art to do assessments, interventions, etc. Its especially useful for children or people with trauma since you dont need to verbally process (like with the cognitive part of your brain) to be able to experience healing. :)

I work nights as an overnight stocker at Walmart, and work as an EMT at a local agency as well as working on a drag strip doing stand by emergency medical care and a million other things
How did your emt test go?

I get paid to sing with little kids. Ain't bad work if you can get it. On the side, I do some fish tank maintenance, a bit of music composing/recording/performing, and (very) occasional writing, all of which contribute some extra pocket money. I'm also a husband, dad, home repairman, assistant chef, barbecue artisan, game meat butcher, and lawn care technician...but I haven't figured out ways to get paid for any of those yet. :)

Currently I'm a Conservation Biology student who wants to be Wildlife Biologist or something along those lines. To be honest I haven't figured out the exact job that I want, but I'm just trying to feel out my field of interest. Ideally I want to work in a National Park in the mountains away from all the humans.

Currently I'm a Conservation Biology student who wants to be Wildlife Biologist or something along those lines. To be honest I haven't figured out the exact job that I want, but I'm just trying to feel out my field of interest. Ideally I want to work in a National Park in the mountains away from all the humans.
Isn't there a Nat'l park on some uninhabited territorial island? I seem to recall reading about that somewhere.

I'm still trying to find a way to get paid for wandering around in the mountains. If you do, please tell me where to sign up! :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back