OBITUARY

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Angry_Platy

Sleepy Chook
Reaction score
Sleeping Somewhere. Or doing water changes. Or run
Today Akhtar, my original male platy, passed away aged 9 months old (at least I have had him for 9 months) :byebye: He survived cycling, all my newbie mistakes, finrot, ich and a case of overfeeding resulting in 2 others going before him. He was father to many fry (and I am sure a lot of those fry provided him with a few tasty meals :sick: ) and his eldest fry, Pixar, will take up the role of "tank keeper"....

I loved the grumpy look he always had on his face.

I love the way he protected his GF so forcefully....not aggro just let them know that she was his!!!

You were the master of the tank and will be missed by all....especially the platies!!!

Bye bye Akhtar..... :byebye:

I love my platies too and it must be hard, especially after having him for so long. I have lost my share of fish too, and I truly sympathize. How did he die? Sorry for your loss.

Thanks everyone for your kind replies...

I am not sure how he died in the end....for a few days prior he had a bloated abdomen...not dropsy (I have a had fish die of this before)...just like a "pregnant" female would look like. When I removed him from the tank after his demise he had what seemed like a cyst thing under his belly...hard to tell...and he was really dark...almost black....weird....

I guess I am glad there are his fry in the tank....he can live through them!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back