Oase Biomaster Thermo choice

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ElNevera

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am going to be setting up a Juwel Lido 200 soon and I am planning to buy an OASE Biomaster Thermo filter but I am wondering which model is most suitable for the tank.
It is a 200 litre tank that will have sand, easy to keep plants and a normal tropical community when it comes to fish. It won't be heavily stocked but I do have some cherry red shrimp so I think I will need to make the filter intake safe.

The Filters are listed as 'up to' their model number so I was going to buy the 350 but is it better to go with the 600? A filter for up to 600 litres might be overkill?
I like the pre filter and heater being sat in the filter.

Is it better to go for the larger model or will the flow likely be too much?

Also, if anyone has one, what media do you run in it? I am thinking of getting some BioHome Ultimate.

Thanks!

I always go for over filtering that way I have the ability to turn it up or down and almost infinitely adjust the flow if needed.

Whereas going with the suitable filter as per aquarium volume, you don't have the ability to increase or decrease the flow anywhere near as much if you needed for any reason, such as a stock change where a higher flow would be better for the species of fish

So I always oversize the filters...far more adjustment scope and often more media space/choices to use too

I too always go for over filtering in my aquariums. If you are worried about the suction part sucking up your shrimps just get a prefilter on the filter intake.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back