Nutrition Tabs for plants.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JohnnyFish

Reaction score
After doing some research, I have found that some nutrition tablets for plants may cause an ammonia spike, or release excessive amount of nutrients. is this correct, or may this just be a case of too many tabs being used? I'm wanting to plant my aquarium properly but as I already have fish I do not want to cause any disturbance. (specifically I've been looking at Tropica products)

does anyone have any product recomendations for plant growth, are bottled fertilisers better? or are they not particularly necessary?

I've seen that 10hours is a good place to start in terms of lighting anyways to that's a start lol.

After doing some research, I have found that some nutrition tablets for plants may cause an ammonia spike, or release excessive amount of nutrients. is this correct, or may this just be a case of too many tabs being used? I'm wanting to plant my aquarium properly but as I already have fish I do not want to cause any disturbance. (specifically I've been looking at Tropica products)

does anyone have any product recomendations for plant growth, are bottled fertilisers better? or are they not particularly necessary?

I've seen that 10hours is a good place to start in terms of lighting anyways to that's a start lol.
depening on your stocking ferts are not neccesary

I use Seachem flourish comp plant taps for rooted plants like sword plants and flourish comp for plants that absorb what they need from the water like ferns and anubias.
do you still need tabs after liquid flourish?

Yes members have had problems when using cheaper root tabs. I use the same as RV, seachem root tabs and seachem comprehensive liquid fertiliser. Be careful to get the right seachem product as some (eg. Excel) are not good for fish.

Tropica plants are a safe choice.

Yes members have had problems when using cheaper root tabs. I use the same as RV, seachem root tabs and seachem comprehensive liquid fertiliser. Be careful to get the right seachem product as some (eg. Excel) are not good for fish.

Tropica plants are a safe choice.
okay great, thanks for the help, I think i'll avoid the tabs for now : )

Aquarium plant fertilisers should not contain ammonia because it is poisonous to fish and other aquatic life forms.

Look for an aquarium plant fertiliser that is iron based and contains trace elements. Sera Florena is one brand but there are other brands too.

Aquarium plant fertilisers should not contain ammonia because it is poisonous to fish and other aquatic life forms.

Look for an aquarium plant fertiliser that is iron based and contains trace elements. Sera Florena is one brand but there are other brands too.
seachem is nice. ferts contain nitrogen

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back