Nutrafin Co2

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

shang hi

Fishaholic
Reaction score
okay yesterday i installed a NUTRAFIN CO2 system, but over 15 hours it failed to make 1 bubble, it still had water in the tube, i cheaked that there were no leaks, none. so i emtyed it and refilled the canaster with the sachets (yeast and stabiliser), suger (table, like it says) and luke warm water (20-30C) and it started to push the water level down in the tubing, but now its just about 3" away from the bottom and its taken 2 hours for the water in the tube to move half a CM, its rediculious.
what on earth am i doing wrong? this stupid system just wont work. :crazy:

The sachets are rubbish, check the pinned thread on how to make a DIY mix from sugar and yeast, works much better and is much cheaper than buying the sachets!

Do what Nry says.

For your size tank I think you'd be well off buying another kit too.

i was going to buy another, and anyway i moved it up and its got about 1" to go instead of 3" but once all the sachets are gone i was going to do a DIY CO2 just using the canister.

the stupid things still not working, im binning the darn sachets and me and mum are getting some yeast tomorow, its cheeper and will work and not make me want to hit the canister into the ground *bangs head on desk*.
arrr well at least it will make the plants nice and healthy and big, yay.
ohh and i got some more plants, im getting rid of the ones you said look like garden plants as they don't go with the colours any more.

the stupid things still not working, im binning the darn sachets and me and mum are getting some yeast tomorow, its cheeper and will work and not make me want to hit the canister into the ground *bangs head on desk*.
arrr well at least it will make the plants nice and healthy and big, yay.
ohh and i got some more plants, im getting rid of the ones you said look like garden plants as they don't go with the colours any more.

Well I don't know if they were actually garden plants, but yea ok. Try get another CO2 kit tomorrow.

all working now thanks to george farmers guide (he rules in pratcical fishkeeping mag) and after 3 mins i have loads of bubbles bubbling away. yay, ill get another kit in the week. grand partents a coming round now so i can't do it ATM
thanks for the help anyway, shang hi :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back