Nutrafin Co2 Bubble Counter/diffuser (update, Replacement Has Been Sen

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Luke_e

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Ok, i recieved my hagen nutrafin plant system and i was pleased with it until i realised my co2 bubble counter/diffuser had a crack in:
http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf00259qe.jpg

Not sure if it would work or not, i sent them an email. After looking at the auto reply it states if any order is damaged it needs to be returned at my cost and then if they deem it damaged the replacement is at their disgretion.
I didnt read the email thoroughly and i realised that there wouldnt be any follow up email from a person, and it states at the bottom that i had to email this specific address to get a reply.
I've done so but its out of hours at the moment so i wont get a reply before tomorrow..
I sent them a picture showing the crack, but if they wont replace the ladder i was wondering where i can get the nutrafin ladder from..

I've looked on the net, and it just comes up with other diffusers. But i'm not sure if the diffusers are the same as buble counters as some say counters, some say diffusers, none seem to say both like the ladder.. AND!!! The prices, some are £30.00, i mean cmon i only paid £15.99 for the kit in the first place!

So where can i get the nutrafin ladder, or a similar one for cheap.

Thanks for you're time.

Ok, i recieved my hagen nutrafin plant system and i was pleased with it until i realised my co2 bubble counter/diffuser had a crack in:
http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf00259qe.jpg

Not sure if it would work or not, i sent them an email. After looking at the auto reply it states if any order is damaged it needs to be returned at my cost and then if they deem it damaged the replacement is at their disgretion.
I didnt read the email thoroughly and i realised that there wouldnt be any follow up email from a person, and it states at the bottom that i had to email this specific address to get a reply.
I've done so but its out of hours at the moment so i wont get a reply before tomorrow..
I sent them a picture showing the crack, but if they wont replace the ladder i was wondering where i can get the nutrafin ladder from..

I've looked on the net, and it just comes up with other diffusers. But i'm not sure if the diffusers are the same as buble counters as some say counters, some say diffusers, none seem to say both like the ladder.. AND!!! The prices, some are £30.00, i mean cmon i only paid £15.99 for the kit in the first place!

So where can i get the nutrafin ladder, or a similar one for cheap.

Thanks for you're time.

The bumf on their web site is irrelevant. Replacement is not at their discretion. Distance selling law also gives you seven days to pull out of the deal. You received a damage item, you paid for a perfect item. On the assumption that the item was new and sold as perfect that is what you should have. They have no option but to replace it and at their cost. Any decent retailer will replace without a quibble- if not contact trading standards, but at the end of the day if they don't replace it you may have to get another one. But tell us where you bought it so we can avoid them-just make sure that everything you say is 100% accurate to avoid them suing you or the site!

Alan

The website i got it from is a decent website and i've had to problems with the m in the passed, i'll wait for a reply before i name the website. Its currently out of office hours on sundays, so if i dont get a reply by tomorrow evening i shall phone them up..
I just went downstairs to see if the crack had any effect on air bubbled. Place it in the tank, and connected the airline to it, and blew gently into it, the air bubbles werent at a constant rate or size (obviously because it was me blowing into it lol) but the bubbles didnt seem to be effected by the crack at all.. So presume c02 wouldnt be either..
Anyways, thanks for the reply Alan, i know trading standards will be on my side if they wont replace it.
I've quoted the auto reply where it talks about damaged items:
Faulty or Damaged Goods***** In the event that you receive faulty or damaged goods, you must return the goods to us initially at your own expense, together with such documentation necessary :

to enable us to identify you as the purchaser of the goods.
for us to establish the nature of the damage or fault
for us to know whether to exchange/repair item, swap for alternative item, or complete a refund of purchase price
We will examine the goods, and in the event that they are damaged or faulty, we will repair or replace them at our absolute discretion. In such cases where the goods are deemed damaged or faulty, we will refund you your return postal or carriage charges.
Returns should be made by the cheapest method available, and proof of posting obtained. Do not send items back by Special Delivery as we will not be responsible for refunding this additional cost to you.

As you live in the UK you have the distance selling law on your side.
This also includes the fact that if something arrives DOA (Dead On Arrival) then the SENDER is responsible for the return carriage costs.
What I would do is say to them either replace it at their expense, Or cancel the contract and tell them you want your money back. That usually works.

Thanks for the reply Valcrohead..

Well, i got an email today saying my order had been dispatched, and i was like woah, what the.. :eek:. As it was the same order ref as before, so i phoned up and said what had happened, and the chap on the phone was really helpful and told me that a replacement had been sent out.
I'm not sure if its just a replacement part, or the entire kit, but i hope its the kit lol, although i would still be very happy if its just the diffuser.
Great customer service, friendly chap on the phone and i'm glad its been sorted :D.

Hey its good that your problem is sorted now!! :D

Sorry for kinda hi-jacking this thread but i dont see the point in starting a new thread for the same thing, so does anyone actually know where to get just the ladder with maybe tubing? Becasue i don't really want to buy all of the kit, i just need the ladder :p

Thanks and sorry

Gnatfish

I got a full kit on ebay for £8.50, had a wee bit missing that I manged to fix ok so that it still works......glad you got your ladder prob sorted though m8

£8.50 sounds like a decent price digi.
Thanks, glad i got it sorted too, will be ace if they've sent me another full kit out, i'll post up when i recieve either the ladder or the entire kit through the post :D.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back