Nutrafin Co2 Basic User Guide

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Can anyone say exactly how much sugar you need to use, for those who can't buy the nutrafin kit?

I bought another kit for the tubing and such, but of course it has crappy tabs. :p I'm wondering how much sugar and water to use with the 1c of water.

Thanks!

what do you mean by 1c of water?

for a 2l bottle:
2 cups of sugar (220ml per cup)
1/2 - 1 teaspoon of yeast
3/4 of water (25-30C)

I have a question, does it matter what type of yeast? I have Active Dry and Self rising. Will any of these work?

Can anyone say exactly how much sugar you need to use, for those who can't buy the nutrafin kit?

I bought another kit for the tubing and such, but of course it has crappy tabs. :p I'm wondering how much sugar and water to use with the 1c of water.

Thanks!

for a 2l bottle:
3/4 of water (25-30C)

I take it if I measure the quantity of my red sea bottle and adjust the figures accordingly, this should be a safe ratio? And how many bubbles per minute should I be aiming for?

I'm a little wary as an accident with my kit resulted in half a tank of dead fish last time, so I'd appreciate someone putting my mind at rest.

Thanks!

for a 2l bottle:
3/4 of water (25-30C)

I take it if I measure the quantity of my red sea bottle and adjust the figures accordingly, this should be a safe ratio? And how many bubbles per minute should I be aiming for?

I'm a little wary as an accident with my kit resulted in half a tank of dead fish last time, so I'd appreciate someone putting my mind at rest.

yes, the BPM depeds on the size of the tank

Aaron-"yes, the BPM depeds on the size of the tank "

Is there a list of tank size vs BPM, I have a 260L and don't know what I need..

Cheers.

Paul.

well it partly depends on the BC too. I had a BC that measured 3BPM on my 60l, since i upgraded to a glass BC, i cannot even count the amount of bubbles produced!

it is also hard to say with a fermentation kit, as the production slows significantly towards the end of the week.
Aim for 3BPS as a starting point, then measure the CO2 levels with a drop checker (see my signature). If you need more, then add more yeast, or add another bottle.

many thanks to the OP for the instructions, works perfectly!

I have a few more questions regarding running time if anyone could please help,

how many hours should I run the kit for? is it for 2 hours before lights ON, until 2 afters before lights OFF? or do you just run it all morning til lights out?

for those who work 9 - 5, how do you time your lighting? as at the moment I have lights on from 4pm to 12pm, but I'm not home connect the kit and usually do it when I get home at 6.

thanks!!

You cant switch off a fermentation kit, unless you want to be removing the diffuser frm the tank every night.

You should just leave it running 24/7, it is hjighly unlikely to overdose the tank

You cant switch off a fermentation kit, unless you want to be removing the diffuser frm the tank every night.

You should just leave it running 24/7, it is hjighly unlikely to overdose the tank

brilliant, thanks, was worrying i would overdose if i left it on.

Hi All

After buying one of these units and not seeing a single bubble in over 24 hours I decided to google the problem and ended up here. There is a lot of useful info here and I will try out the homebrew mix later today. I did look at the date on the packets that came with the unit and it looks like they expire in 2007!!!!!!

One of the posts asked if there was a better way of keeping the canister heated instead of putting it on top of the aquarium hood. You could always use a demijohn heater tray as these are designed to keep the yeast working when making homebrew wine and beer. They aren't cheap at around £20 - £30 but would allow you to keep the canister(s) under the tank. Here one http://www.thebrewshop.com/index1.html

Thinking of other ways to keep the canister heated - what about a mug warmer? A mains one can be found here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Simpsons-Mains-Operated-Electric-Mug-Warmer_W0QQitemZ360243231709QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&rvr_id=&cguid=2d02127b1260a0e202a4d0b4fffa1690. or you could get a usb one plus a mains/usb adapter. What would an ideal temperature be? Some of these mug warmers claim to keep the temperature at 40-60 degrees.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back