Nutrafin Co2 Basic User Guide

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
where you say Clean ladders may clog bubbles up for a while. what is a ladder because my Co2isnt coming out.
thanks also do yo need to heat the solution to about 100 degrees for the fermantation to take place.
thanks

a ladder is the ladder shaped plastic diffuser which comes with the nutrafin max co2 set, it keeps the bubble in the water for longer giving the co2 more chance to diffuse into the water

I've decided to make my own CO2 cannister out of a 750ml soda bottle, cork and tubing. That part works great, especially with the mix listed in the OP. (For those without the store-bought cannister, I use about 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 to 2/3 teaspoon yeast, and one cup water. I'll let you know how that works out, and will adjust it accordingly.)

I like the idea of making as many of these things as I can myself. (Cost of glass makes store-bought tanks the only option for me, so far. Some day.... )
The next question I have is: can you make your own diffuser, too?

I just got my first system yesterday and I quickly deduced that the mixes supplied were crap.
I made the mix as described then added half a packet of bread yeast to it when I found nothing was happening.

I had to put the canister on top of the tank untill I thought co2 was being produced and then I could put it on the floor behind the tank. I just hope nothing travels up or down the line. but im in all day and night today so I can keep an eye on it. There should be enough pressure in it.

good tips in here though. I wil certainly be following these instead of the instructions on the box.

Kris

I literally just set up my canister again in my 10gal tank using this method. Screwed the hood on 2 mins ago and I'm already seeing bubbles. They're getting stuck on the ladder b/c I had to clean it off, but it's really awesome to see it working so quickly.
I remember when we first got this, I used the packets that came with it, we didn't see a single bubble for an entire day.

mine has lasted a couple of weeks.

redid the mixture and it all want wrong...... far to much yeast i think. i dont know how much made its way up the pipe but nonw of the fish seem bothered. and my tests are all fine. maybe i was lucky.

Hi do you think this recipe will work with a ferplast co2 energy classic kit i have a 11 gallon hexagonal tank this is my first planted tank and i am having trouble finding a filter that does not take up to much room in the tank and lighting is a problem to

Been reading this thread with great interest, just wondered if anyone could link me to show me exactly which CO2 kit it is we're on about here?

The closest I can seem to work out is either this, or this.

The first one is available at my LFS, so if this is correct I'm off to get one ASAP, if not, can someone show me the way?

Cheers.

Well, I'm getting 2bpm, stock sachets and no added anything else. I followed instructions to the letter: granulated white sugar to first level, add sachets, add luke warm water (20-30c) and stir. Mine was bubbling within 2 hours, bubbles are now getting 2/3 up the ladder before getting stuck, better than originally when the bubbles were getting stuck straight away!

Edit: today I'm getting one bubble every 5 seconds or less, quite remarkable, almost mesmorising to watch them go zig-zag up the ladder! None get stuck now.

I need an answer pretty quick. Does anyone have the manual and know the height at which I should have it on a 10g tank?

I dont quite understand your question Luke, do you mean how far under it can go under the tank? It can be at any height as the pressure will force it up the tubing.

Can anyone say exactly how much sugar you need to use, for those who can't buy the nutrafin kit?

I bought another kit for the tubing and such, but of course it has crappy tabs. :p I'm wondering how much sugar and water to use with the 1c of water.

Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back