NREMT exam

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TheTenthDoctor

Fish Herder
Reaction score
So....I'm on the last leg of my emt course. One last test....the National Registry Emergency Medical Technician exam. Every time I think of it I think I am going to hurl. Anyone ever taken the test and can just help me with this? I've passed every test and every exam but now I just feel like all my knowlege is gone and I'm going to have a psychiatric breakdown

Well, I've never taken this particular tests, but I've done lots of make-or-break exams, job interviews, and such. Here's my advice:
1. Self talk is extremely important. Tell yourself that you can do it, that you WILL do it, even if your heart doesn't completely believe it. You say you've passed every test and exam leading up to this. That means you've worked hard, you've learned the stuff, and you're prepared. Remind yourself of that. Say it out loud. Ask your friends/family to remind you of that, just so you're hearing it from somebody else. :) In fact, I'll say it. You've worked hard. You're prepared. You've got this.
2. Relax. I know, that's stupid advice, and there is nothing less relaxing than someone commanding your to relax. ha ha But it's OK to take a break before the test. Doing that will probably help you more than any last-minute cramming you might do. You know the stuff. Your brain is full. What you need now is to have a brain that's well-rested and alert. So, take some deep breaths. Go for some walks. Have some fun. You've go this. (See point #1 again)
3. Be kind to yourself. You're going to get stuff wrong sometimes, so make peace with that possibility. Here's some good news: I just googled the NREMT (I've thought about getting that certification at various times, and you got me curious). Guess what? If you fail, you receive specific feedback, then you get to take it again. And again. And if you fail it the third time, you can take a refresher course then try again. So, don't put too much pressure on this. Just remember, the worst case scenario is that you have to try a few times before you get it right. And that really ain't that bad. So, give yourself a break. Give yourself permission to make mistakes. Ironically, that attitude will give you the best chance of success.

Here's the thing, and I know some of our other older members will back me up on this: These make or break moments really aren't. You'll be OK, no matter what happens. And while humble pie can be a tough dish to swallow, it isn't the end of the world, or of anything else. :)

Rooting for you--
T

I took the exam…I’ll know within a day or so. I feel I’ll just thinking about it. Probably have to retake it. I’ll make a new study plan. I’m so sick of the dang class and dang tests

Is this a multiple choice type test? Since you have already taken it won't help the past but, if you use reason 2 answers in a 4 choice can be thrown out just by common sense. That leaves a 50/50 chance on questions of which you are not sure. If nothing else the U.S. Navy taught me how to do such tests. When in boot camp I had to do a battery of tests to maintain my enlisted rating. One of these was a 100 question dealing with electronics. At that time I basically knew zero about such stuff but going back and forth between questions to see relationships between factors I scored 98/100. That is another trick with such tests; often questions will relate to each other.

All the above aside you seem to have done well with other tests. Why would you expect to not do so with this one?

Well done :)

And here you were doubting yourself even tho you passed everything else.

Think about the little engine that could, that's you. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it. I did it, YAYAYAYAYAYAY

The test is needed for certification, but the knowledge tested is needed to save lives. You will use that well. Thank you in advance for the people you now know how to help. Bravo!

cr1tikal-penguinz0.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back