Now I've done it...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
I promised myself I wasn't going to get anymore fish... I just couldn't. No room, no time, no from the parents! However, somehow I got around all these excuses, and ordered some. :rolleyes: :*) I figure I can make room, I mean heck I've got a good 25-30 tanks + 16 jars of juvies in my room already. :hyper: And this quarter I'm taking 2 of 3 classes online for college, that'll give me more "fishy" time... plus my mom decided I "deserved" these fish after all I've been through in the past few weeks. :p I've been in and out of the hospital 4 times now, and had needles poked in every part of my body (which is a huge fear of mine). :unsure: Anyways, to make a long story short, I want more breeding stock to experiment with and create more "Wahookies"! I swear that's gonna become an actual line.. :shifty:

First, I got a great deal on a pair of extended green rosetails. :wub: The male is nearly perfect, no red wash anywhere... *drool* And he comes with a spawn sis. :nod:

e02d1046814647865de3ae84c369ba56.jpg

And then I couldn't pass up this wonderful little plakat... he's so neat and different, which is what I'm attracted to. I'm sure lots of you will think he's ugly, too bad. :p He carries HM and longfin, and I have the perfect gal to spawn with. She has turned out to carry marble too, so babies could be awesome. :thumbs: I can tell by the pics that he is gonna be a billion times neater is person - very shiny and such.

7da86355bc780b20d94a57e3ec79310c.jpg

7ff2f4bed02982696ec988bcbb90b697.jpg

I should be getting them after Xmas! :hyper:

Woohoo!! The plakat is not ugly-he's gorgeous. They both are.

oh btw sorry to hear about your going to the hospital too much. :( Hope it's nothing serious.

Thanks gale! Glad someone else sees his beauty, I think he's definitely one of the more unique fish I've seen. :) And the hospital stuff isn't life-threatening, just some major pain that I'm trying to learn to deal with. :X :flex:

I have started two "Betta Anonymous" threads. I think I did that because I have been into Betta's for only a few weeks so I am not totally lost yet (unlike the rest of you :lol: ).

Anyway, the only responses I have gotten are the "you are doomed" and the "why not try another fish" variety :alien:

Worse, the local Breeder who I got Carl, Kobie and Ryujin from (and introduced to Sean who got 2 fish and Mara who got 2 fish too, both in the past 3 weeks) just told me today he is giving me a 15% discount on future fish acquisitions... and he knows I chose between 2 of 3 Plakats I liked when I was there last night.

NO ONE IS HELPING :angry:

[ral takes a break and looks at his fish]

Anyway, I am know biting my nails here and thinking, get one more Plakat and than it will be over, just one more.....

NO. There are already more fish in my house than people, and I swear when I sleep I hear them chanting "We are taking over". No I am ot :crazy:

Than I see this thread by juliethegr8t and start thinking I AM DOOMED.

===============

Hope you are feeling better. Glad to hear it is not life treatening.

ral said:
There are already more fish in my house than people,
If it's any comfort I'm sure most fishkeepers have more fish than people in their household. :lol:

i am the only person in my house, 5 bettas and about 20 fish/fry in my 2 10 gal tanks...i don't mind!!!! :D

ral, you are doomed. Dreadfully sorry..... not really. :p There are much worse things to be addicted too. :hyper:

Anyways, thanks everyone, I'm pretty excited. Especially now that she said she may stick an extra or two in there. :D :hey:

They are gorgeous :wub:

I like the plakat, he's not ugly at all :no:

Sorry to hear that you're having to do lots of trips to the hospital :/

juliethegr8t said:
Anyways, thanks everyone, I'm pretty excited. Especially now that she said she may stick an extra or two in there. :D :hey:
An extra two or three.... that is about the size of my entire collection. Can't imagine having 30+ betta's around me...

FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME... FEED ME...

:lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back