Now, I'm Really Relying On You Guys......

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
My current topic "I'm not impressed", runs concurrent with this topic, & it is clear from the answers, that not everybody knows what I'm talking about... So, I'm just bumpin this one for a little bit of background.......

I would probably take the plastic plants in and just put a couple of big bits of wood in the. and i probably would have gone with sand instead of gravel. Ill see if i can find a picture of what im talking about

I would probably take the plastic plants in and just put a couple of big bits of wood in the. and i probably would have gone with sand instead of gravel. Ill see if i can find a picture of what im talking about

I've just seen a coupla 6" Pengasius at my local LFS...... How would they fit into this setup???.... Never kept them personally, so any advice would be appreciated.... Would they be a threat, or would they be threatened??

Cant answer the above q sorry Ludwig, but maybe a change of background could help, IMO the current one makes it look quite artificial, have you tried or thought about a black background? Could like better I think :good:

Cant answer the above q sorry Ludwig, but maybe a change of background could help, IMO the current one makes it look quite artificial, have you tried or thought about a black background? Could like better I think :good:

Thanks for the suggestion.... Will try visualize when I visit again next Friday.....

Firstly,.... The Giant Gourami in this tank is intimidating the Albino Oscars to the extent that they are permanently hiding behind the rocks (but he leaves the Convicts alone).... Will it help if I get him/her a mate??

Secondly,.... a guy around here is actually begging me to take 4 Parrot fish off his hands as they are a nuisance in his tank (mainly Malawis).... I certaily do not want them, but I'm wondering if they would fit into this setup.... Just to refresh, the fish in this tank are:

2 Albino Oscars
2 Normal Oscars
1 Giant Gourami
4 Convicts
1 Plecostomus

They are all Fully or near to fully grown.

I too do not like them.

But they add colour and are very intelligent fish however dopey looking they are.
What you can do if the bullying is too eiter remove the bully or add other fish so their stress is spread.

I've kepet Giant Gourami too and know what their like. how ever i have seen them happily living with small fish as their not predatory.
whicj you could think of but then need to remove 4 oscars which may be eaisier then a GG.

I too do not like them.

But they add colour and are very intelligent fish however dopey looking they are.
What you can do if the bullying is too eiter remove the bully or add other fish so their stress is spread.

I've kepet Giant Gourami too and know what their like. how ever i have seen them happily living with small fish as their not predatory.
whicj you could think of but then need to remove 4 oscars which may be eaisier then a GG.

I think he/she is a bit racist, cause it's only the Albino Oscars that are bothered.... There is a lot of meat on a GG, so I wonder what they taste like... Anybody got a recipe??...(this is in a restaurant) :lol: The other 2 Oscars breed constantly at about 2 week intervals, so they're not worried by his prescence.

Well their a food fish and we do see Gourami paste even in the UK.

I dont fancy it though!!!!

How's things going you eaten then Gourami yet?

Here's an update of the current situation.... Photos taken tonight.....The Oscars are breeding at least once every 2nd week, but nothing comes of it.... The Giant Gourami terrorises the albino Oscars, and I've never seen a Convict the size of that dominant male.....

Nkwe072.jpg

Nkwe122.jpg

Nkwe089.jpg

Nkwe109.jpg

Nkwe039.jpg

Nkwe126.jpg

Wuz there again tonight... being Friday.... & will never be forgiven, as (once again the Oscars had a brood of eggs and despite... (Knowing nothing will come of it)... I decided that a water change was necessary.... So, I did it, & of course the Oscars and the Convicts decided to devour the eggs,.... I was under fire, (from the manageress).... but I know.... as so many times before.... even If I had left them.... There would've been nothing... They, however do not believe me.... My name is "mud".

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back