November Fish Of The Month Competition Entries

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ps3Steveo

Planted Experimentalist
Reaction score
Thanks again to everyone who participated in our October 2012 competition. The poll to decide the winner is currently running and will be active until 31ST of October 2012. The winner will then be announced.

Meantime, please start posting entries and nominations for the November 2012 competition here.

Please note that a dated verification picture must be provided or the entry will not be accepted.

The standard of the entries in the competition so far has been very high, so let’s keep them coming please!

If you have not done so already, please read the competition rules before submitting a nomination or entry.

The November competition will close for entries and nominations on 13/14th November 2012.

my female krib.

Krib.jpg

verification (hard to capture fish never stays still!)

Kribver.jpg

She's a beauty! I like your plants very much too. They're gorgeous!
If I may suggest something for next time, I see little white dots that decrease your photo's quality. If these are in the water column, best time for taking pics is a few hours after performing a partical water change and filter cleanup.
If the dots are just dirt on the glass, then scraping the inside of the glass with your usual glass cleaning kit, and wiping the outside with a cloth slightly damped with glass cleaning products will do the trick (don't spray on the glass otherwise some drops may reach your tank's water). The crystal-clear glass is necessary for a great photo.
Good luck with the competition!
Noura

She's a beauty! I like your plants very much too. They're gorgeous!
If I may suggest something for next time, I see little white dots that decrease your photo's quality. If these are in the water column, best time for taking pics is a few hours after performing a partical water change and filter cleanup.
If the dots are just dirt on the glass, then scraping the inside of the glass with your usual glass cleaning kit, and wiping the outside with a cloth slightly damped with glass cleaning products will do the trick (don't spray on the glass otherwise some drops may reach your tank's water). The crystal-clear glass is necessary for a great photo.
Good luck with the competition!
Noura

thank you! shes a real treat to watch and has some attitude to herself lol... The stuff in the picture is actually fine particles floating around. At the time the photo was taken I was running a filter that was not working too well. I have since switched out to a knew one and the water is crystal clear now. It is the only good photo I can get of the fish though since it never stays still, i havent tried taking a new one lol.

hi
sorry but i don't know how to add them so i'm gonna just stick it on photobucket and if a mod can please set it right it would be greatly apreciated thanks

Alex

my jewel cichlid
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/9murphy9/PB020016.jpg
verification
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/9murphy9/PB030033.jpg

That fish IS a jewel in deed! Good luck!

But I'm curious, what are these bricks (or wood?) in the tank?

thanks noura,after this picture he went quite a bit redder,the bricks are paving blocks that i have arranged into a wall/tunnel to break the tank up a bit
this was it the first time I've had three types of fish so far,the first fancy goldfish,a spanner barb and 2 turtles the second 2 turtles, 1 spanner barb,1 jewel cichlid,1 green terror,2 convict's and 1 jack Dempsey on the advise of maidenhead aquatics that jewel killed all but the 2 turtles the spanner barb and 1 convict ,i could't believe it.now that tank is being used as a community that i'm building up(platies,guppies the spanner and some more that i haven't figured out yeah)
the two turtles (Mississippi map) i'm trying to find a new tank for,hopefully a nice 3 footer for the two of them.thanks Alex

PA070294.jpg

Need a decent close up pic of a fish not a group with a verification please.

My Clown Loach, peeking to see if it's really me out there, then he would do his cute "give me food" dance. :fish:

FOTM.jpg

And, verification

DSC_0883.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back