nothing special

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fish48

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I brought two female bettas from local pet shop today not very colourful but for some strange reason I like them, i poured water and fish out of bag into a 4-inch square glass tank, feed them some live daphnia they started to feed straight away that was expected, i gave them 20 to 30 minutes before releasing them into a 60 L tank where I will feed them plenty of Life foods to get them into breeding condition. if all goes well I will be looking into finding a suitable male betta/ bettas
IMG_0046 (640x358).jpg

IMG_0014 (640x427).jpg
IMG_9225 (640x360).jpg

They look good to me! I would try to feed less next time, mostly because they are very new to the tank.

They look good to me! I would try to feed less next time, mostly because they are very new to the tank.
one of the reasons why I feed live daphnia because they can be left in the tank with the fish and do not die and pollute the water hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will be culturing mosquito larvae , mosquito larvae is probably the best live food for bettas

one of the reasons why I feed live daphnia because they can be left in the tank with the fish and do not die and pollute the water hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will be culturing mosquito larvae , mosquito larvae is probably the best live food for bettas
I see, good luck with the mosquito larvae!

how I culture mosquito larvae I collect mosquito rafts from one of my water butts, I put one mosquito raft to each 4 point container of water each raft usually produce between 200 and 300 mosquito larvae the mosquito larvae hatch within 24-hours and feed on the green water and grow very fast this is only one method i use for feeding them
IMG_7922 (640x360).jpg
IMG_7924 (640x360).jpg
IMG_7936 (640x480).jpg

i will probably breed the green one to a blue male, it will be interesting to see if I get any green males from them

how I culture mosquito larvae I collect mosquito rafts from one of my water butts, I put one mosquito raft to each 4 point container of water each raft usually produce between 200 and 300 mosquito larvae the mosquito larvae hatch within 24-hours and feed on the green water and grow very fast this is only one method i use for feeding them
View attachment 135967View attachment 135968View attachment 135969
some of those that didn't get eaten by the fish I get so many mosquitoes flying about in my fish room, I catch as many as I can and feed them back to the fish
11 (640x532).jpg

Nah, I used to, but worry about possible pollution problems with bugs from outside, I live in a refinery town...

yes it can be a bit risky when feeding live foods, I have been regularly collecting live foods for more than 30 yeas with no problems. it's a chance you gotta take

yes it can be a bit risky when feeding live foods, I have been regularly collecting live foods for more than 30 yeas with no problems. it's a chance you gotta take
If I lived somewhere "cleaner", I wouldn't give it a second thought, feeding live foods....same with collecting leaf litter for my tanks

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back