Not Sure What's Happening...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GinaL

Reaction score
I'm not sure what's going on in my tank.  I bought three pink danios on sunday, and on Monday two were dead.  I went back to the store last night and bought one more and it was dead as well as the last one I bought on sunday when I get home from work.  I'm not sure what's happening.  I had the water tested at the store yesterday and it's fine.  The temp is at 78, and the guppies are doing great.  Any ideas?

Hi there, welcome to the forum, and I'm sorry for your losses :(

I'm afraid 'fine' is of no use to us when it comes to water quality. Even very small amounts of some toxins is enough to kill fish, although some fish are tougher and more tolerant than others.

You should really get your own test kits (all fishkeepers should have them); in the meantime, if you do get the shop to test the water for you, get them to write down the actual numbers.

How big is your tank and how long has it been set up?

+1 above, the more information you can give us about your tank, set up and water stats the more we can help. I'd like to add to above, have you added any chemicals to the water? i.e dechlorinator when you set the tank up, or stresszyme?
As far as a quick google search has told me, a pink danio is a genetically modified version of a zebra danio. They have bright pink colour and pretty flowy fins, yes?
78 degrees is too warm for zebra danio's so I assume it's probably too warm for pink danios as well. Lower the temperature to the low 70's if you can. 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back