Not sure if there agassizzii....

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

leroy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I've just bought a pair of what the lfs said were Apistogramma agassizii when i got them home they have different colours to the ones in the books. I was wondering weather theres different colourations or have they sold me something els? :unsure:

This is best i can desribe them:
The males got bright yellow pelvic fins. They both have a black band running though the eye. They both have faint black bands running from the dprsal fin to half way down there side and they both have an orange stripe top and bottom of there caudal fin.
thx for any help. :unsure:

I've added a description. hope this helps abit. :(

Banded Dwarf Cichlid
Apistogramma bitaeniata

Macmaster's Dwarf Cichlid
Apistogramma macmasteri

Steindachner's Dwarf Cichlid
Apistogramma steindachneri

Three-Striped Dwarf Cichlid
Apistogramma trifasciata

They are all I can think of with a similar description.
Anybody?

How's the shape of the dorsal and the tail?

Agassizi's tail sh. be spade-shaped. The dorsal on the others listed I believe starts w/ longer rays, whereas the agassizi is more of a smooth line...I think. ;)

There only small but what i can tell is that the males caudal fin is curved and the females is straight. :unsure:

I have a trio of Apistogramma bitanaeniata.

The females have one or two dark bands running the length of their yellowish body.

The male is a "beaut." He has 4 or so bright orange spikes a the start of his "top" fin. The same fin also has a yellow highlight right above the body. His body is mostly a yellowish color with dark blotches or stripes. His anal fin is shaped like a cresant moon with long tips, as are his "bottom" fins. They have an irridesant highlight to them. Oh yeah, and his cheeks have a nice irredesant highlight as well. Over all, these fish are beautiful, and are fun to watch.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back