Not sure if emergency but my guppy has a reaaaaally long string of poop hanging from him

biofish

Fish Addict
Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Reaction score
As the title says. Itā€™s just a really long single strand of poop that isnā€™t breaking off of Anakin. Just noticed it a few minutes ago and didnā€™t see it this morning. It turns a lil red at the middle but I feed them flakes and mealworms so itā€™s not unexpected. (I feel like thereā€™s a joke that can be made about this situation)

edit: also worth while to note Iā€™m treating this tank for ich currently

Attachments

• 2904A0A0-4C48-4D95-976D-34E93055D574.png
    2904A0A0-4C48-4D95-976D-34E93055D574.png
    457.9 KB · Views: 47
as long as it's not white, it is not a problem

Yep! I found out guppies sometimes stress poop, maybe just mine

should be fine mine had long strings of poop before. always falls to the bottom of the tank and is not super common.

If it has stringy white poop, then see the following link for info.

Make sure it gets some plant matter in its diet. Guppies like algae and bits of plant to eat in addition to other foods.

If it has stringy white poop, then see the following link for info.

Make sure it gets some plant matter in its diet. Guppies like algae and bits of plant to eat in addition to other foods.
Hey Colin,
Do you know if triclorfon is any good?

Trichlorphon is toxic to fish and inverts and should be avoided. It also no longer works due to being mis-used for the last 50 years.

Modern deworming medications are much safer and more effective.

Trichlorphon is toxic to fish and inverts and should be avoided. It also no longer works due to being mis-used for the last 50 years.

Modern deworming medications are much safer and more effective.
Thanks,
I bought it in LFS but I was reluctant to use it as it seems to be pesticide. Just seemed odd

It is a pesticide and has been around for decades. It has a bunch of common names including dipterex and is extremely toxic to scaleless fishes and will kill most fish if you even slightly overdose. It also wipes out any type of invertebrate, which includes shrimp, snails, starfish, seahorses and everything basically.

I would return the stuff if it isn't open or give it to a chemist to dispose of.

It is a pesticide and has been around for decades. It has a bunch of common names including dipterex and is extremely toxic to scaleless fishes and will kill most fish if you even slightly overdose. It also wipes out any type of invertebrate, which includes shrimp, snails, starfish, seahorses and everything basically.

I would return the stuff if it isn't open or give it to a chemist to dispose of.
Yeah, will do.
I'll look for other stuff you mentioned for my platys

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back