Not so shy...😉

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Hey there!
Here's a picture of my
Blue-eyes and Peacocks tank from earlier today.
I was a little late on the feeding and as you can tell the little Peacocks come out when they want to!
This doesn't show the whole tank it looks like there's a few inches or more missing from the top part. They were pretty high up there though.
IMG_20211116_110014.jpg

@Rocky998

@CosmicCow09
I have seven, six are showing in this picture can you find them all? I imagine the 7th is hiding fanning eggs somewhere. 😏

OP
OP
vanalisa

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
I don't have any yet, but I hope to get some for my next tank (hopefully in a few weeks). First, I need to learn more about them.
Seriously Fish website helped me to find a good tankmate for my P. furcatus !
That's how I decided on the Gudgeons.
I learned they come from the same area (Papau New Guinea) and since they occupy different parts of the tank it was a natural choice.

When I get a bigger tank I will be in search of (hopefully) another species to add 🥳✨😍

otterblue

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I learned they come from the same area (Papau New Guinea) and since they occupy different parts of the tank it was a natural choice.

When I get a bigger tank I will be in search of (hopefully) another species to add 🥳✨😍

Interesting. That's good to know. I'd love to have a tank with fish from the same area. Thanks. :)

CosmicCow09

Reaction score

That’s very interesting I love that, also I love the aquascape,I hope your search for a new species goes well! Also that single peacock gudgeon I have settled in very nicely, acting all good it seems, eats ferociously, once he finds it.

OP
OP
vanalisa

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
That’s very interesting I love that, also I love the aquascape,I hope your search for a new species goes well! Also that single peacock gudgeon I have settled in very nicely, acting all good it seems, eats ferociously, once he finds it.
Hey, that's great!
Once I put the fish and the tank and the other inhabitants together in my mind, and saw the picture of he/she? up near the top, I had a good feeling about it all.
I am glad you decided not to introduce another...it may have been a choice that secured the balance of your tank?
Perhaps?
Try to get a good pic so we can see if it is male or female ...
I'm thinking male for some reason...

CosmicCow09

Reaction score
Yeah I think that’s a great assessment. also, it seems like this particular gudgeon just goes where he wants, with the large school of gupps. Also I helped the balance a bit by getting it a new filter but I will try and get that pic now. Those seem decent, my camera is not the best. Also there’s a pic of the whole tank, I’m really trying to move the angel he’s just very fast😂

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 8

CosmicCow09

Reaction score
I’m hesitant to move many fish cause last time that’s what stressed the gudgeons out, where he would sit at the top in the plants. When one died, also I have no clue if it’s a dude I just say that

Most reactions