Not Massive, Not Impressive, But Its Mine And It Makes Me Smile :d

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kirsty5

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My little tank

(Sadly knocked off a few of my artificial branches but they will be replaced :lol: ).

Attachments

• PC050100.JPG
    PC050100.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 52
Aww it's cute C:
It reminds me of a storybook or something, since it looks like a tree and a cottage/hut

:lol: Katty, yes, I have a sad side - part of me wants to be natural, the other side has a Fairy Tale to it and you're right - the tank suffered because of it :lol:

Euston - all I have is Fingers, (Betta Splendens), and a few Cory's.....). Sadly, I am very worried about the Cory's as they don't appear to eat and am thinking of rehoming them before they starve themselves to death.

Its only 35 litres and having kept marine in the past, I find it more relaxing to keep a small tropical tank. Fingers is a right character and very undemanding :lol:.

beautiful little tank. really like the aquascape. great job :good:

Euston - all I have is Fingers, (Betta Splendens), and a few Cory's.....). Sadly, I am very worried about the Cory's as they don't appear to eat and am thinking of rehoming them before they starve themselves to death.

I had the same problem with cory's which put me off them for a long time. The answer appears to be to feed after you turn the lights out and apparently the corys will feed then. Try some type of food that sinks and drop it in about an hour after the lights go off and they should be ok :good:

Thanks so much markandhisfish, very kind of you!

Too much Cabomba in the background - used to have the background mimicking the foreground substrate but its going mental!:crazy:

Sorry for extra reply, but "Edit" isn't working for me:

Can anyone recommend a good camera for taking photos of aquariums?

Thanks Euston..... I do leave food in for them after lights out - not sure if they have any or whether the snails eat it.... I always vacuum any left overs out the following day and repeat again in the evening.

It distresses me to be honest, whereas the Betta eats immediately and you can observe the feeding, you can't with the Cory's...... :sad:

Anyone got any photos of well fed Cory's? I don't know if its me being concerned or if I think they're looking concave....

i really like the cambomba , i never could get anywhere with plants . yours is growing well

Thanks Euston..... I do leave food in for them after lights out - not sure if they have any or whether the snails eat it.... I always vacuum any left overs out the following day and repeat again in the evening.

It distresses me to be honest, whereas the Betta eats immediately and you can observe the feeding, you can't with the Cory's...... :sad:

Anyone got any photos of well fed Cory's? I don't know if its me being concerned or if I think they're looking concave....

Picture of Cory Here's one of my corydoras about a couple years ago. They look about the same fatness now, just much longer.

What do you feed them? I used to give them a piece of a big wafer and I was always worried that even though they were trying to suck it up, since it was so big and slow to dissolve that they would never get any in their bellies. Now I "overfeed"(just enough so that all isn't immediately eaten by the fish stalking the surface) the top of my tank with minipellets, so that enough gets down past the tetras, so there is enough to land on the ground for my cories to vacuum up, and you can actually see them making a B-line for where the food landed and sucking up all the food.

Also, thinking about it, the scape really reminds me of an African Savannah, with a baobab tree and the grass.

Very few can claim to have 'massive' and 'impressive' tanks and generally speaking an aquarium is for your enjoyment alone. If it meets your aesthetic tastes then you have done a good job!

I think yours is very nicely laid out. The curtain of cabomba fills the back nicely and the piece of wood you have is an interesting centerpiece.

looks really well why don't
you put it up for tank of the month
i think it looks good enough :good:

Thanks all, I love it to pieces no matter how small.

Don't think its up to scratch for TOTM though! Some of the pics I've seen on there are amazing :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back