Not Impressed

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Confish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i have a rio 240 and its filtered by an ex 1200 and the juwel internal and there is still lots of bits in the water. i would of thought with the ex being vary able to cope with this size tank it should b crystal also with the added internal ! also there are dead spots of poo in certain areas (stocking is very low)

i have a rio 240 and its filtered by an ex 1200 and the juwel internal and there is still lots of bits in the water. i would of thought with the ex being vary able to cope with this size tank it should b crystal also with the added internal ! also there are dead spots of poo in certain areas (stocking is very low)

I used to have a EX1200 and a Classic 2217 on mine, The EX1200 roughly only gives out between 600-800Litres per hour with media

I used to have a EX1200 and a Classic 2217 on mine, The EX1200 roughly only gives out between 600-800Litres per hour with media
[/quote]

but is that not sufficient for my tank though? and anyway of getting it clear also is it circulation causing the dead spots? cheers

probably a daft question but have you tried some fine floss in your filter?

ye ive doubled up on both the filters with polishing pads mght change them more often though see if that helps

Was going to ask about the polishing pads, dead spots can also be caused by the layout of the tank, amount of rocks etc, I used a small powerhead from time to time, I would switch it on for an hour or so and it would blow all the poo over to the filter intake :good:

ye i mean i have the spray bar pointing down to agitate the substrate and the power head of the juwel internal blowing across the surface but when i look at the intake of the ex it just doesn't look like its sucking much up, really frustrating having bits in the water when i thought my tank had sufficient filtration spec for such a low stocking :(

For a start id point the spray bar across the surface, if its aimed down and constantly stirring things up your going to get particles floating around. Dead spots are near enough impossible to avoid without a few powerheads, just clean them up with your weekly/bi-weekly water changes.

ok ill change my spray bar see if that helps cheers

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back