Not Allowed To Use Ammonia!

you use your own urine.... ive heard it mentioned before

You can play around with your own piss if you want, but I dont think anyone else will

I know a lot of people that have not bothered to cycle the tank and they have had zero problems, i'm not recommending this though

If you can't use ammonia for some silly reason, then just chuck in a few goldfish...

Thanks guys, The stingray is in the coldwater tank, The fish are finding it VERY hard to swim, but im sure they will adapt to it. Its mostly the WCMM's that are finding it hard, but it will have to do, Ill move it in say, 3 weeks (i know this isnt very long), add the bactinettes and then stock it with 1 or 2mollies/guppies? I need to use the bactinettes by then because they will go out of date. Thanks for your help.

Ill be able to afford a Master tesk kit by then anyway. So its all worked out okay! :D Thankyou all so much! xx

Okay, so this is what im doing:

1 )Leaving the stingray filter in my coldwater tank for 3 weeks.

2 )Taking it out and putting it in my tropical tank along with bactinettes and adding 5 (I have 5 in my coldwater tank, cant i just add them?? I dont want to leave one on its own in the coldwater tank.) to my tropical tank (What temp should they be at?)

3 )Leaving the WCMMs in for 2/3 weeks. (By now i will have my test kit and will be able to test the water)

4 )Putting the WCMMs back in my coldwater tank.

5 )Buying my stock (Will consider what to get at a later date)

Is this okay??

Be sure that you leave something behind in the coldwater tank or it will need to be cycled again after a few weeks with no fish.

i would just run it in the coldwater for 6 weeks but its your call, i dont see what you are benefiting by doing 3 then moving it, if you are going to do that you may aswell just do a fish in cycle from the start

The reason i cant run it in my coldwater for 6 weeks is because my Bactinettes will be past their use by date then... and this filter is way to powerful for these fish and it looks like they are suffering :crazy: Even my big moors and oranda seem to be struggling. Everytime they swim infront of it they get blown away to the glass..

Have you got an airpump laying around anywhere? You could possibly rig up some sponge in a spone filter, all you need really is an airpump and a container.

Or tie the stingray sponge around the intake of the goldfish filter with cotton or something.

Or just cut a chunk off the bottom of the goldfish sponge and jam in the stingray sponge.

Or wrap something around the stingray to cut flow, like some clean fabric, filter floss and suchlike.

Have you got an airpump laying around anywhere?

Only on my BiOrb, its in use, plus the air pipe is connected to the biOrb and the airstone wont fit on the end.

It seems they enjoy it though... they keep swimming towards it and none of them are getting sucked in..

Edit: Ive moved the Stingray output hole to the top of the tank... its still under water but no fish are getting blown away or sucked in.. Not to worry now! :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back