North Of Boston Aquarium Enthusiasts -- Active And Recruiting

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

KevJ87

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
PjYXMX.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With the lack of clubs in and around Boston these days myself and few people have started a new club.
" North of Boston Aquarium Enthusiasts " or NoBAE

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Website and Forums will be up by next week. We are looking for people that want to share their hobby , knowledge and experiences. We promote member trading of knowledge / species or plants. There will be monthly meetings and we will often schedule a home visit so we can check out each members very own setup of these are optional but encouraged!  
yay.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________________

This group is also a better way of locating breeders and other's to purchase or trade for supplies and livestock with, with the LFS all but gone in this area, PETCO and PETSMART cannot be trusted so we have to turn towards each other.

There will also be meetings at the New England Aquarium bi-monthly, we have an insider so what room will be announced weeks in advanced.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Become more than just a hobbyist, extend that hobby to also including a brother hood of other fish lovers and perhaps make some life long great friends.

If you are interested in joining please just reply to this thread with the following information.

Application To Join --- NoBAE ---
welcomeani.gif

18+ Years of Age --- Minimum Requirement 

Are you located near Boston :
Are you located on the North Shore :
Can you attend a monthly meeting :
What is your main focus :::  Freshwater // Saltwater
What is your branch focus ::: Planted Tanks or Fish or Mix
How long have you been into aquariums ::
How many aquariums do you currently have and sizes ::

Also as a side note, we plan to hold competitions (( Best planted tank of the month//// Best new breed batch //// Best looking xxx species )) and the winners will receive a small gift card to a pet store of your choosing and a pin that we have being designed for the club.

If you are successful in forming your club, you may want to consider having the club become a member of the NEC, the Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies. You can learn all about this organizations here http://northeastcouncil.org/NewNEC/

However, there is this club "Founded in 1916, The Boston Aquarium Society is the oldest continuously running aquarium society in the world."
their web site is here http://www.bostonaquariumsociety.org/

There is also the Worcester Aquarium Society whose site is here https://sites.google.com/site/worcesteraquariumsociety/
and
the Boston Guppy Club whose site is here https://sites.google.com/a/bostonguppyclub.com/website/home

Good luck with your project, more clubs is always a good thing for the hobby.

The Boston Guppy Club and the Boston Aquarium Club are very inactive however 
evilmad.gif
 I wish they were a lot more active but  to give you an idea on their forums I believe the last post was a month ago. 

They do have meetings but only about 8% of the members ever show up as I am told. The leader of both groups has not been very active in recruiting and keeping the clubs active this is only word of mouth but I do see that their website and forums are very slow / inactive.

I really want to create an active club, even if it only ends up being 10-20 people I want those people to be active / dedicated and involved in club events/ meetings / home show offs etc.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back