Nominations For New Moderators On Tff

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

On Topic: Nominations for Minnnt {rarely be-littles :p and always has an answer} Fluttermoth. Always helping.

This!

Oh, and this -

txmt3.jpg

Is Stealhealr still the mod for the salty section?

I ask because there was some kerfuffle in past years over the salty section not having an active mod who was also experienced in marine, and I would like to not see that repeat itself in the future. At the moment though, it's not clear to me whether somebody else would need to be nominated or if SH will be taking over again.

wills has a bad back ground

:cool: #40## straight!!

wills has a bad back ground from what happened on the other site that was formed a while back. although a very good and knowledgable person i doubt it will go to him if this has anything to do with it especially if inchworm has her way as she wouldnt even let walkers have his pm's back.....

lol my thoughts exactly though.

Thanks for the nominations though guys - just for the record, I'm not really up for being a mod reason is time, simply don't have the time to reliably contribute to a moderating team.

As for any nominations, Minnnt is an obvious choice, but not sure what the situation is there. Nobodyofthegoat - incredible knowledge and unquestionable attention to detail.

I know he has been away a while but Davo86 is back around and again very knowledgeable :)

There are others that hands down could do it but would never get close, Star4 springs to mind. :rolleyes:

On a sheer knowledge basis I have to admit a lot of the newer mods would have been top of my list - Ian, Simonas, Mattlee, ZoddyZod - not many people that can match that kind of team. - Thats not be disregarding the knowledge of the older moderators but its just from what I have read in my time here and some of the mods were busy with mod stuff rather than chronicling their tanks in the way others have.

Others that spring to mind - thereverendturtle, kittykat, ondriase (spelling) all big helpers and constantly active.

Also just a suggestion, now it is a funded site - get in touch with WILDER and pay her, her weight in gold to get the emergencies section back on its feet. I am not disregarding any of the hard work the mod team has done over the year and by no means wanting to step on anyones toes but WILDER was an incredible asset to this site and it genuinely panics me to know shes not posted here for ages and believe me when I say I really needed her recently in my tank.

Wills.

Thanks for the mentions, but I've no interest in doing any mod work, i dont have the time to give and besides, i'm far to aggressive / sarcastic and someone is bound to rile me up the wrong way at some point ;) Besides which, if i'm going to spend my time on here working, i'd want to be paid for it...and that's not going to happen ;p

I HIGHLY disagree with voting or nominating mods.

The current mods should hand pick a few select new moderators. You should not have to ask.

I mean really think about this guys. You should be able to know who to pick if you are an active member on here. It should be a hard choice. You have to find someone reliable, trustworthy and that will do their job right. Not an easy choice. Certainly not for voting IMO.

Good luck and I hope you all sort this out. I really hope it doesn't come down to members picking the MODs.

I HIGHLY disagree with voting or nominating mods.

The current mods should hand pick a few select new moderators. You should not have to ask.

I mean really think about this guys. You should be able to know who to pick if you are an active member on here. It should be a hard choice. You have to find someone reliable, trustworthy and that will do their job right. Not an easy choice. Certainly not for voting IMO.

Good luck and I hope you all sort this out. I really hope it doesn't come down to members picking the MODs.

+1

Theres has been a few people nominated that i would have to disagree with TBH.

Well, I don't think the intention is for our votes to actually be the deciding factor. My impression was that they are using this thread to come up with a list of people (getting forum buy-in and input = good), but then still making their own decision on the six probationary mods.

I've gotta say most of the people in this thread. I didn't see my name :( I Would decline anyways.

Lol. :lol:

Well, I don't think the intention is for our votes to actually be the deciding factor. My impression was that they are using this thread to come up with a list of people (getting forum buy-in and input = good), but then still making their own decision on the six probationary mods.

That is exactly what I am talking about though.

If they want to find out who should be moderator, stay on the site for a week for at least 10 hours a day (which you can do while at work if you have multiple people or something. not hard to do if you are interested) and you will KNOW who the moderators should be. Then you can privately ask them.

That is how every forum site I have ever been to has handled it. When you start caring about the forum you get to know the right people as long as those people are active. I've experienced this through other forums first hand.

That's how I feel it should have been handled.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back