Nominations For New Moderators On Tff

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
We appreciate that it will take a very long time for this forum to regain any of its former esteem and will totally rely on the co-operation and support we get from our loyal member base.

For this reason, it was decided to restructure in collaboration with our members and to adopt a policy of total transparency to promote the concept of ownership and participation amongst our members.

Foremost and most essential is that we get a panel of moderators established and in this respect, we request that our members submit nominations of persons they would like to see serve on this panel.

Please bear in mind, that at the interim only six of your nominated members will be selected and those selected will be appointed on probation period of 6 months to ensure that these persons will firstly be comfortable in their new environment and role, and secondly that they have the required rational temperament to fit in with the rest of the team…..

Such nominated person does not necessarily need to be an expert in any area of fishkeeping, but reasonable experience will be necessary ……

We also request that this thread stays on topic and any deviation from the core task at hand will be deleted….. Thank you for your participation.

As I have requested in my opening post..... This thread is for nominations exclusively.... any other posts I find on this topic will be set invisible to our members.... I will appreciate your assistance in this respect..... We are really trying to move forward here in the interest of all our members. I trust you will understand.

can i nominate fluttermouth

Of course you can (and may), and I appreciate a positive contribution..... let them roll.... I'm sure we all have a suitable person in mind.... even if the person is already nominated.... nothing stops you from nominating them as well....

I would like to nominate Minnnt, he has very good knowledge and seems like a reasonable kind of guy.

But weather or not he would want to become a MOD is a nother question.

Can I nominate all of the previous mods? LOL.. hmmm this is a tough decision. most of the members I remember that are experienced have gone crazy the past few days including myself. I would also like to nominate Fluttermoth and BigC

I'm going to mention just a few names (and I am very sorry if your name isn't there/you don't want it to be there etc...) but its just a few names off the top of my head that might be worth considering...

I don't want any negative comments on my post because already, there are a lot of comments to posts that make me feel uncomfortable and start wondering who might be the next to come under attack.

I have offered my time to help out as a mod if anyone is interested, I just want to see this forum move on from all of this mess but completely aside, being a mod doesn't mean having to be involved in all this mess, there is so many other jobs that need doing on a daily basis that I would be happy to spend time doing.

I am happy to volunteer my time to keep this forum going...

A few other names off the top of my head for one reason or another...

Fluttermoth
peterclarke666
NObody Of The Goat (assumed they were a mod already? Not sure why!)
nmonks (again, someone I always just assumed was a mod but not sure why)
T1KARMANN
Wills
Tizer

I'm sure I can think of a lot more people, I just named a few members that have an insane ammount of knowledge, there are surely a lot more people with time on their hands and willing to volunteer their time, things I can't see when skimming forums :p

To be fair, I think anyone who genuinely offers their time to help should be considered.

Again, sorry if I didn't mention your name, there are others like Minnnt though I think the last thing he wants to do is mod the forum now? :unsure:

EDIT: lol took me way too long to post that! seems certain members have made big impressions on people :)

I can't pick one as we're lucky enough to have a lot of suitable candidates. Can i name more than one, Ludwig?
Apologies to anyone who isn't interested in seeing their name here.

Ruskull
Raptorrex
Fluttermoth
KittyKat
Salam
Tizer
Xraymark
NObodyOftheGoat
Thereverandturtle
MBOU
Minnnt
Wills
and finally Fishyfriend2 (why not?).

I'm sorry the list is long. :blush:

Oh DM I forgot about you. You'd be a perfect candidate.
Can I add Dieses Madchen to my list?!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back