NOBODY IS HAVING MY XMAS DINNER

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Swordtailmolly

Reaction score
We now have two Columbian red fin tetras called James and Bond but James won't share his early Christmas treat. Haha

Attachments

• 20201224_131937.jpg
    20201224_131937.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 460
  • 20201224_131851.jpg
    20201224_131851.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 50
Columbian tetras are fin nippers so don't keep them with slow moving or long finned fish. They also need to be kept in groups of at least 6 (preferably 10) or more.

Most tetras like shade and can become stressed in bright lights. I have a 55 gallon tetra tank with neon, glow light, ember tetra and cory. I try to have some floating plants on the surface. I currently have salvinia floating to help reduce the light a little and plenty of anubias, Most tetras come from South American Jungle streams and rivers so are use to shade. You have nice looking tanks. Like @Colin_T said they need to be in groups, all my tetras are in shoals of at least 6. My biggest shoal is my neon tetras at 22.

Most tetras like shade and can become stressed in bright lights. I have a 55 gallon tetra tank with neon, glow light, ember tetra and cory. I try to have some floating plants on the surface. I currently have salvinia floating to help reduce the light a little and plenty of anubias, Most tetras come from South American Jungle streams and rivers so are use to shade. You have nice looking tanks. Like @Colin_T said they need to be in groups, all my tetras are in shoals of at least 6. My biggest shoal is
We had the bright lights on to take a picture. I'm not as experienced as you and only have 2 65ltr tanks but the Columbians are happy enough together and we have had a lot of issues woth them but with trail and error now feel the tank is settled. The other tank has 6 neon tetras plus a few fish and all is calm so when our fish are calm we are calm haha

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back