No Luck So Far With Bettas

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

pablothebetta

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I did post in the bettas section about my betta having fin rot the other day, but I've realised that every single betta I've had has ended up with fin rot - but I don't know why. Despite how much I like my bettas, I almost feel ready to give up on them.

The media in the tank has been going for around 2 1/2 years - I didn't fishless cycle it at the start, but I didn't know about it then. Surely it must be bacteria-filled and this can't be the issue? I've also tried medicating with an 'Interpet' treatment in the past (I think it's called fungus and fin rot treatment, or something like that), though I haven't had any success with it.

There are always nitrAte readings of at 10-20ppm as I have relatively high levels in my tap water and I perform weekly 30-40% w/cs. There isn't any sharp/coarse decor in the tank that I know of or any other fish that could cause any damage.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the cause of the issue is? After just a month or so, my 'new' boys' fins have started to 'dissapear' - he had a black edge when I bought him, though I thought it would just go with regular w/cs.

Many Thanks

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back