No Filter, No Heater, No co2, No Ferts. Walstad Nano Betta Fish Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Marc Davis

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm new here and cant believe ive only just found this site! Place looks nice and active. Good to have a place where you can speak to people as sad as you are about fish haha.

I set up this tank up recently for a long term project. I'll be doing weekly time lapse updates to see the progress of the tank and when its grown in and cycled, i will introduce a male dumbo betta that we can all get to know and love :)

Video explains everything i've done but you can ask me any questions you like.

I will be doing weekly update videos so be sure to subscribe if its something you are interested in.

Last edited:
Bettas are tropical fish and need a heater, the water temp should be around around 25 deg c all the time, while some homes may be warm enough during the day the temp can drop during the night and the fluctuations are no good for the fish.

Other than that I like it so far

Bettas are tropical fish and need a heater, the water temp should be around around 25 deg c all the time, while some homes may be warm enough during the day the temp can drop during the night and the fluctuations are no good for the fish.

Other than that I like it so far
Don't worry about the temperature. Oh house is always more than 22 degrees (thats the lowest at night). My wife instantly switches on the thermostat as soon as it goes below....no matter the season haha.

But of course, i am monitor peak and lowest temperature currently and have a nano heater that i can put in if required. If i see the temp drop below 22 at any time, i will install a heater (hide it behind the rotala).

, i am monitor peak and lowest temperature currently and have a nano heater that i can put in if required. If i see the temp drop below 22 at any time,

Wow you get up at 4 in the morning to monitor water temp?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back