No filter, No CO2, No ferts Betta tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

JxsPxxle

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I previously created a thread asking if it could work if I created a betta tank which would flourish with no filter or co2 or ferts, and everyone seemed to think it would be a good idea so I went ahead with it. My tank is already cycled and the betta has been in here for a couple of weeks. So i have a few questions.

First of all, I currently have a bunch of Hornwort in there and a couple of other plants, and I was considering adding Giant Duck Weed. As this is a floating plant, I decided it would be great for my tank. So does anyone have suggestions for other floating plants or other plants in general?

Also, I currently only have a male Betta with a red spotted nerite in my tank. I was curious as to wether I could add something else, I was thinking a few amani shrimp but iā€™m not too sure. I would also like some suggestions.

And finally, would it result in algae out break? I plan to do a 50% water change every week to keep water quality good. But would no filter result in large amounts of algae?

I have attached some images.

Attachments

• 314F342B-A618-4EFC-BC05-E18F24038421.jpeg
    314F342B-A618-4EFC-BC05-E18F24038421.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 171
  • B461967A-F100-4C5A-AE2B-9EB3ACD4654B.jpeg
    B461967A-F100-4C5A-AE2B-9EB3ACD4654B.jpeg
    315 KB · Views: 193
Water lettuce is great. Long beautiful roots. Youā€™ll have to remove some every week when you clean because it grows so fast. Hereā€™s a pic of
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I also use water sprite and duckweed for floaters. I like Java Ferns and Java Moss to attach to rocks and wood. Moneywort and Anubias -Afzelii is nice.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back