No Clue What To Do

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Luc401

Reaction score
Hello there ive been talking in the fish forum IRC for about a month now.So heres my back story

I went out to buy 6 mollys and 1 common pleco the night when i wanted to get fish i have never heard of cycling a tank back then.So i got the fish then i was new so i jsut let them be for 2 weeks then one day my lyretail molly died.So it raised a red flag i came to this forum and saw the chat button at top witch i meat Deto, Mik, tolak, cod, and jp. They told me to go get some stat checkers so i did so every thing was really high they told me to do a 80% wc so i did so then the next day ammo went up did another 80% then the nitrite started going up to 3+ EVERY DAY I WOKE UP so the fish kept dying off slowly untill this week i have 1 molly and 1 common pleco left in the tank.. Deto told me to get the *BEEPING* pleco out of the tank like she has been since i joined. So i did so hes in a 5g waiting for me to bring him back to the pet store..Now theres a big bump on my mollys back now he has a skin infection from the bad water conditions.Now theres A HUGE argue in IRC about if i should restart my tank by putting sand in the bottom witch i have gravel now since the water is infected with my last mollys thingy on his back .So also by putting my pleco in the 5g my nitrite was 0.6 after a wc and then i woke up the next morning it was 0 so getting rid of the pleco made the nitrite go down.. i have no clue what to do from this point on... I also got media from a friend witch never helped at all with the cycling
1) Keep molly + gravel and add 2 guppies once it's cycled
2) Keep molly + switch to sand, add 2 guppies if it is cycled.
3) give molly, switch to sand, do fishless cycle, get 6 guppies
4) give molly, leave gravel, fishless cycle, get 6 guppies.

PS i know having a common pleco for a 15g is to small..

And now im banned from irc and i dont know why..

Everything you needed to know was laid out for you, in deep description, while you were in IRC.yet for weeks you have hounded them with the same questions. Maybe the people in chat are beginning to feel trolled because the fact you have yet to listen to advice?

Ive listened to there advice im getting the pleco out done now idk what to do from this point on theres 4 options up there and idk witch one to do..

Plus im still i kid i cant do every thing i want or go any wheres to get any thing -.-

As suggested before luc. You should really clean up your post so people can take it seriously. As DM said you were given LOADS of information in chat. You know what we told you. You are welcome to seek additional advice here.

I would rehome your fish for now and do a fishless cycle. Keeping them will only harm them more. Maybe you could give them to a friend (make sure they don't give their illness to other fish), at least better than keeping them in obviously harmful water conditions.

I would advise you to think about stocking later, fishless cycle isn't as fast as you think it is. Read the beginners threads, it'll help :good: Good luck!

Thats up to you. I would personally give 3 or 4 a try, which one is up to you. I also suggest again to do your own research on the web, pick and option, then stick with it.

I think im done with keeping fish :\
i almost gave up once but now i have a beautiful tank and the frustrations were worth it so try to persevere, i can tell by your posts that your still young, (i had to ask my kids what something meant) how old are you, are your parents behind you? in your shoes i would go for option 3 or 4 and start again from scratch with a fishless cycle, have a read of the beginers center on here for how to do this

I think im done with keeping fish :\
i almost gave up once but now i have a beautiful tank and the frustrations were worth it so try to persevere, i can tell by your posts that your still young, (i had to ask my kids what something meant) how old are you, are your parents behind you? in your shoes i would go for option 3 or 4 and start again from scratch with a fishless cycle, have a read of the beginers center on here for how to do this
Thanks and maybe..im 15 and no my parents dont know any thing or who i talk to on the internet . I try to hide it cause they will just freak out :\

15 is not that young, haha. I'm 16, and trust me your parents will be a lot less bothersome when you tell them you're trying to help your fish. When I did a fish-in cycle I did so many water changes which naturally, irritated them. But hey, after a few weeks (and a couple of fish deaths..) everything was fine.

It used to be that they had time limits for me on the internet and didn't want me to talk to "strangers on the internet." But they realize it's a good way to get information, and no one is going to kidnap me.

You don't even have to tell them about the forums, just tell them the internet says that the best thing to do for the fish is to rehome them and to do a fishless cycle, and you're all ready to go. Show them that you know what you're talking about and they'll be willing to help you out :good:

:) thanks for the info my dad use to have a fish tank and yeah... He tells me that changing the water is ba to do and you shouldnt have to do any thing for it i listend to him for a week and guess what. 3 dead fish that week .. Its causing them to stress over me oh well.. I try to do as much as i can but at this point i might buy some bottled ammo and give the fish away :)

Also peeps im goin to go get sand maybe tomorrow and im going
To follow these steps im going to keep the molly untill it dies i guess or heals and if it dies i get bottled ammo if it survives i have no clue
www.imgur.com/57wmU Hopefully im not ignoring any ones info they gave me here! Sorry!Fixed the link

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back