NM

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Super Weird!!! word peacock underlined. Clicked it & got to a UK store!
I clicked it a while back as well and it took me to a UK clothing store... It was weird cause I thought it would take me somewhere talking about a certain fish named a peacock... Guess not

IF they are really Peacock cichlid, they come from Malawi lake and there are somewhat +/- 20 different types !
Any tank mates that could stress-out them and be why they only come out at night ?

In other news………about 20 years ago I used to work fitting out the Peacocks shops in London. Doors, shelving, changing room cubicles, toilet cubicles, till desks, floors etc.
They’re a basic low end U.K. clothes shop whose jeans barely reached my ankles. They did however do a decent inexpensive polo shirt or two. Not been inside one of their shops for ten years or more………..as you were.

I once rented a villa in Hawaii which had a 100 gallon cichlid tank in it. I guess most guests wouldn't have bothered by I was interested to look at the filtration system and when I did I also discovered some youngsters in the sump. I assumed they wouldn't survive if I left them there and the owner wasn't local, so I called him and asked if he would like me to put them in the main tank to take their chances.
He was happy for me to do this, however I discovered that the only net in the house was too big to fish in the sump.
My wife was very sceptical when I decided to make a trap by cutting a small hole in a water bottle and putting it in the sump with a few food pellets in it. I closed the door and left them in darkness but couldn't contain my curiosity for long so I checked back in 20 minutes. I had got them all already!
I put them in the main tank and they were all still alive when we left a few days later so hopefully the right decision.

They were found in the 20 G sump of the big cichlid/catfish tank that I purchased used 8/21. The seller seemed surprised & put them in a little plastic container. I took them home on my lap. They were 2~cm, looked like

Interesting!
Very strange how I get links to that UK chain. I live in America. Appears the peacock link only pops up when when P is used, not p. I‘ve see other hyperlinks (think that’s what they’re called) here at TFF, some scary. I have never seen anything like this elsewhere & once got so creeped out that I didn’t post for 2 weeks. I now make certain all apps are closed & the history is deleted multiple times a day on my iPad. I still see the occasional hyperlink. c a r ba tt ery never fails to link me to a big automotive store. I mentioned c b in reference to my inverter which I have used to during power outages. It runs off a cb.
What was bad? And what scared you?

I once rented a villa in Hawaii which had a 100 gallon cichlid tank in it. I guess most guests wouldn't have bothered by I was interested to look at the filtration system and when I did I also discovered some youngsters in the sump. I assumed they wouldn't survive if I left them there and the owner wasn't local, so I called him and asked if he would like me to put them in the main tank to take their chances.
He was happy for me to do this, however I discovered that the only net in the house was too big to fish in the sump.
My wife was very sceptical when I decided to make a trap by cutting a small hole in a water bottle and putting it in the sump with a few food pellets in it. I closed the door and left them in darkness but couldn't contain my curiosity for long so I checked back in 20 minutes. I had got them all already!
I put them in the main tank and they were all still alive when we left a few days later so hopefully the right decision.
Wear your cape proudly.

i seriously doubt that. I’ll tell you when you’re old enough to vote. It was unimaginably bizarre.
Ok... I thought it was sexual... Was it political then? Was some far right site? If so I cant even imagine what ya saw

I use IOS, apple, on iPad. Please see ClownLurch’s post a bit further back in this thread. You should see the same P. hyperlink. I just did, clicked & got to that UK store.

This should be fixed now. It's a type of advertisement that's been disabled. Thank you for reporting it.
(In-Text Ads are user-initiated ads triggered from highlighted words within the text of web content)

This should be fixed now. It's a type of advertisement that's been disabled. Thank you for reporting it.
(In-Text Ads are user-initiated ads triggered from highlighted words within the text of web content)
Well thats annoying and sucky 😂

Sorry, I don’t understand. Can you please explain what is meant by”user-initiated ads triggered from highlighted words within the text of web content?”

A Moderator here seems to think I was posting my content at other forums & doing a C&P to use the same content at TFF. Never so! I did sign up for a plant forum & caudata forum briefly. I was interested in red plants until I realized it’s too much effort. CO2, bright lights & all that jazz. The caudata forum is not very active. At both forums I met up with some TFF members, some under the same username & others not.

No, it had nothing to do with how you were posting. The advertisement simply scans the page looking for keywords. When it finds one, it highlights it to create an advertisement link.

Most reactions

Back