I have a 33L freshwater tank with;
1 Angelfish
2 Black Mollies
1 Bosemani Rainbow
1 Dwarf Rainbow
1 Hoplo Catfish
1 Neon Dwarf Gourami
2 Bronze Corycats

I just recently added an Apallo shark and 2 Skunk Loaches. Before buying the apallo shark i talked to one of the employees at the shop and they said the apallo shark mixes well with community fish and that i should have no problem with it, they were wrong and after a few dozen nipped fins i had to remove him from the tank. Hes been out of the tank for about a week or two now and i think fins are still being nipped, now everything but the apallo shark and the skunk loachs have been in the tank along time and have all gotten along so is it possible the skunk loaches are nipping fins? i have seen the skunk loaches chase around my fish but never bite them but on a few fish the fins dont seem to be getting any better but worse. i've had no experince with them to be honest but i have read alittle bit about them on a few different sits and some say their peaceful fish and some say semi-aggresive. Has any one had any problems with them nipping fins? theyd be a ***** to get out so before removing them and tearing up my tank i'm wondering if any one has any advice.

thanks.

Your tanks overstocked with adding the new fish.
I would post in the right part of the forum on the fish you have as i'm not familar with the type of fish.
You will need to post water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back